TrafficLine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
Anyone use O2 Trafficline, it's excellent for Motorway holdups.dial 1200 on your o2 mobile.

TrafficLine

I also have the TrafficLine alert on my Windscreen which shows green if all Ok and Red if hold ups ahead, left, right or even going the other way. Excellent, I don't know if you can still get them as I have had mine for years.

Although they are now discontinued, you can pick up similar items very cheaply on eBay .... Vodafone / AA did one called the Personal Roadwatch 1800 - they basically pick up the trafficmaster signals and give an indication of where the hold up might be using flashing lights etc.... no subscription required.

I was thinking about getting one, but have enough gadgets on my dash at the moment :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Couple of links if anybody is interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3032168937&category=14946

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3335544773

Last edited:
Originally posted by sym
Although they are now discontinued, you can pick up similar items very cheaply on eBay .... Vodafone / AA did one called the Personal Roadwatch 1800 - they basically pick up the trafficmaster signals and give an indication of where the hold up might be using flashing lights etc.... no subscription required.

I was thinking about getting one, but have enough gadgets on my dash at the moment :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Couple of links if anybody is interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3032168937&category=14946

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3335544773

Dial 2222 from four Vodafone mobile.

OK, best toe the corporate line and add that you can dial 177 from your Orange mobile device (also includes a full range of services other than traffic info!)

Can I claim commission on the increased revenue please boss?

;)

Mine is the first one, TrafficLine Traffic Master, and I can definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to bid on future E bay sells.:bannana:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Shude
Hey sym that second one has "Regular massage updates" too" :D

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell everybody - they'll all want one ! ;)

got one too ..... couldn't resist for the sake of a fiver!, (inc postage!!)

there are about 60 more if anybody wants.......

Link

Now you have done it.:mad:

You have gone and got me interested, until TMC works, I could do with one of these.

My only concern, is there a reason why it has to sit on the dash? I don't want anymore stuff sat ontop.:rolleyes: Could it not sit in the cubby hole?

Cheers Sym, mines on its way:)

I've got a traffic master freeway unit, which you can but for under £30, its excellent and speaks the traffic problem, no need to phone up expensive numbers to find out what the hold up is.

Jimmy, I keep the trafficmater unit in the centre console, there's no need for it to be on the dash.

I think I'm gonna have to ask that guy for commission ;) ;) :p

Jimmy .... I don't think it needs line of sight or anything - its just a receiver basically - so it might work lower down in the car ... we can experiment when they turn up !

S.

These jobbies (and all trafficmaster units in fact) receive signals transmitted via the analogue vodafone pager network at about 150Mhz and using a very low data rate.

So "line of sight" not necessary at all...

Andy

Originally posted by smartbrabus
These jobbies (and all trafficmaster units in fact) receive signals transmitted via the analogue vodafone pager network at about 150Mhz and using a very low data rate.

So "line of sight" not necessary at all...

Andy

Thanks Mr Nokia .... might have known you would have the answer to that one :p

I'm glad I mentioned it now:D

Many happy folk with road info keeps traffic jams to a minimum.:cool: :cool:

Where is yours mounted Brian ?

The instructions suggest top right corner of Windscreen, but I'm not sure that's the best place.... plus the odd shape of the unit makes it tricky to mount in the cubby hole - needs a flat surface really.

S.

Originally posted by sym
Where is yours mounted Brian ?

The instructions suggest top right corner of Windscreen, but I'm not sure that's the best place.... plus the odd shape of the unit makes it tricky to mount in the cubby hole - needs a flat surface really.

S.

I used to have it in the top RH corner, but on this car I have put it in the middle to the right of the mirror, so I can see it and it is less obtrusive.:cool:

It's stuck with velcrow so that I can remove it leaving just the pads stuck to the screen.:cool:

Thanks Brian - Top Tip ! :D - have 'hidden' mine up there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom