Trans TG group

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulmiles02

Car
Range Rover
Hi
Can anyone tell me if they have heard or used transTG group,
I’ve seen a car on eBay, they say the car is in Orlando with this transTG group and they will deliver the car once payment is made, they also state a 10 day return policy, the owner says he is in Switzerland and it’s all above board, but it seems a bit suspicious to me,
Has anyone used them and if so can you pay them once the car is delivered
Thank you in advance
Keep safe

Hi
I’ve seen a car on eBay, they say the car is in Orlando with this transTG group and they will deliver the car once payment is made, they also state a 10 day return policy, the owner says he is in Switzerland and it’s all above board, but it seems a bit suspicious to me,
Thank you in advance
Keep safe
Almost certainly a huge SCAM

Definitely scam imo,as for paying on delivery no one in there right mind would ship a car without at least partial payment 🙄

Hi
Thank you in advance
Keep safe
Who was the seller?

I googled this company after seeing an eBay advert for a Range Rover. I sent a message to the eBay seller and then got an email direct to me (no eBay notification) stating the owner lived in Switzerland (Anthony Breitner) and that the car was in Belfast and would be shipped to me by trans TG. I’m convinced this is a scam but if someone wants to prove me wrong please let me know. I think it was the “ you are gonna call me in Switzerland “ that made me question this whole elaborate tale.

Attachments

• FB018471-F610-436E-BAB5-C09F6E542E58.png
    FB018471-F610-436E-BAB5-C09F6E542E58.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 32DA7F26-5C9B-4A2D-AAB0-7ADC4D5AAF8A.png
    32DA7F26-5C9B-4A2D-AAB0-7ADC4D5AAF8A.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 79DFF498-8D83-4D11-B8B7-D1B9439B49D2.png
    79DFF498-8D83-4D11-B8B7-D1B9439B49D2.png
    694 KB · Views: 4
  • 4BCC7A04-7DF7-4340-B1FB-C3550A6AB251.png
    4BCC7A04-7DF7-4340-B1FB-C3550A6AB251.png
    761.6 KB · Views: 4
Who was the seller?
Just remembered the eBay name. When I googled it this came up - all these cars have now been removed as eBay listings.

Attachments

• 10CBFEC0-F1D8-4721-9E80-7C27E07A32D6.jpeg
    10CBFEC0-F1D8-4721-9E80-7C27E07A32D6.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 343A845E-EF04-42BD-970F-3606A96C8ABB.jpeg
    343A845E-EF04-42BD-970F-3606A96C8ABB.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 6CBB6CE0-5FDE-4DB4-A671-EA4FCCDB40D1.jpeg
    6CBB6CE0-5FDE-4DB4-A671-EA4FCCDB40D1.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 2
I saw advert for porsche on ebay. Messaged guy who forwarded me onto TransTG trading group. Apparently hes in Switzerland and this car his a inheritance that he knows longer wants. Car is supposedly in belfast, and once I pay money to them car will be deliverd to uk with a 10 money back if I dont want car. All seemed to good to be true. After asking for their payment details, these did not tally up to the company in question. Kinda feels like a scam.

It's a scam, albeit quite an elaborate one. They've gone to the effort of creating fake forum posts that masquerade as genuine (including this very forum) to try and legitimise themselves.

Note the slightly different URL (forum- rather than forums. ) for the page and some of the buttons/links etc. I'm sure that none of the members mentioned have actually bought cars via them!

The more elaborate scammers make these sales attempts, the more suspicious people should be, yet inevitably these scams work. I despair for those people who fall for obvious scams. One couple were recently conned out of £750,000 by a scammer claiming to be from a fraud squad who persuaded them to take out money from their bank and move it overseas since it was at risk of fraud. They continued to do this despite visits from the Police advising them they were being scammed. Their bank eventually stopped money being removed, and they then decided to sue the bank for the loss - they lost the case.

Tbh ebay is full of fake ads as is the internet, I owned a 1924 BEAN 14HP TOURER and through out my ownership and to this day it is still for sale in Scotland and that's a classic car company
Call me old fashioned but I personally viewed every car I've ever bought do all checks and the LAST thing I part with is the cash .the internet is a good thing but also a bad thing
Usually too good to be true is just that🙄
Walk away

The more elaborate scammers make these sales attempts, the more suspicious people should be, yet inevitably these scams work. I despair for those people who fall for obvious scams. One couple were recently conned out of £750,000 by a scammer claiming to be from a fraud squad who persuaded them to take out money from their bank and move it overseas since it was at risk of fraud. They continued to do this despite visits from the Police advising them they were being scammed. Their bank eventually stopped money being removed, and they then decided to sue the bank for the loss - they lost the case.
When I hear of such scams and amounts like that above, I can only conclude these people must have inherited the money they’ve been scammed out of, surely no-one is that thick that they’ve earned that money theirselves.

And if they have, where have I been going wrong?! 🤣

With car scams the common denominator is the price, nine times out of ten the car will be below market value (normally substantially.)

But, the facts are, there are people out so incredibly naive that they’re *easy* to scam; I’ve sold cars in the past where the buyer has wanted to send me the full amount before viewing just so they don’t have to wait for the money to clear when they come to pick it up...🤔

You would be surprised i sold my wife's volvo on ebay i was emailed( NOT SPOKEN TOO ) the guy bought the car ,payed me for the car and then payed me to deliver it to his son who was at college in Coventry .I couldn't believe it no 1 viewed the car at all

With car scams the common denominator is the price, nine times out of ten the car will be below market value (normally substantially.)

But, the facts are, there are people out so incredibly naive that they’re *easy* to scam; I’ve sold cars in the past where the buyer has wanted to send me the full amount before viewing just so they don’t have to wait for the money to clear when they come to pick it up...🤔
MB insisted on payment in full the day before collection the last time I used them.

MB insisted on payment in full the day before collection the last time I used them.
Before you’d even viewed the car?

And, even then, that’s Mercedes main dealer, not some made up car dealer like in the op.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom