Trans Trouble!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Laughinggravy

Car
W210 E320 cdi
Hi guys. I know this is only my second post but well here I am hoping someone might be able to help me out!
Bought a 2001 w210 e320cdi that had pretty much been sat in a garage for 6 years after an Mot fail.
I've fixed, replaced and repaired pretty much everything and she just sailed through her test!
The only thing still giving me grief is the box!
No kick down, no manual selection of gears and wouldn't rev past 2000 rpm. I assume limp mode. So I dropped the trans fluid and the filter. Plug the car in and cleared loads of stored and pending codes. Most of which stemmed from it being dead for so long.
It now changes in manual but doesn't change in auto and doesn't kick down at all?
I also have a feeling it might be a bit overfilled as I'm not sure whats classed as the bottom for the dipstick!
Waiting to get the diagnostic machine back too.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Can’t really help with your tranny problem (I did my own e320 tranny oil change with no problems) but I was captured by your name.

Laughing gravy of Laurel and Hardy fame. Reminds me of my childhood when they were always shown on the TV at Christmas, and the Marx brothers.

There’s a wealth of knowledge and expertise on here. I’m sure somebody will be along to help soon.

After you have cleared the codes , then started the car again , what codes have you got now?
Just waiting to get the Autel back mate then I'll plug her in and find out.

Well when you can read the codes,you might be able to see why your box has gone into limp mode,my bet is it is the conductor plate and or maybe a solinoid gone down,if it is then you are going to have to drain your new ATF out and drop the sump and then remove the plate,there are a number of very good videos online on how to do it,it is not a hard job but made much easier if you can get the car up in the air,you may also want to change the connecting plug and seal that takes the electrics to the box another common problem,you can buy conductor plates online but you need to have your one out of the car to get the right serial number,still let us know how you get on.

Yeah my money is on the plate too mate.
Can I vrm match the plate as i'd need to have the plate kit ordered in advance!

Yeah my money is on the plate too mate.
Can I vrm match the plate as i'd need to have the plate kit ordered in advance!

Well if your car is anything like the w221 s mercedes there are at least 3 different types,bit of a risk to order without the actual part number on the plate,also if you buy a new one you will need star to programme it or at least thats what the w221 has to happen,if you get your one repaired it is straight in and go having said that I do not know of any repairers in your area.

So!!! No transmission codes but I did get this....

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_132325_compress2.jpg
    IMG_20200215_132325_compress2.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 22
Could maf problems or vacuum leaks throw this code up chaps?
Also could the flaps just be sized? Fingers crossed I don't have to whip the manifold off!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom