Transfer music from iPod touch to itunes

Discussion in 'PC and I.T support/Advice posts' started by nigel cross, Aug 7, 2011.

1. nigel cross

nigel cross Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W164 ML350 Audi S4
    Daughters laptop has died, so got her a new one.
    She wants to transfer her music on her touch to iTunes.
    Bit itunes wont let her as she didn't get it from them , ant ideas of a good get round program?

2. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler MB Club Veteran

Car:
    ML AMG-line Black Series
    1 person likes this.
  3. JollyNapoli

JollyNapoli New Member

Car:
    bike
    The music sync is one way -computer to ipod. The only exception is itunes purchases: Without syncing: File>Transfer Purchases.

The music came from your computer in the first place, so it should still be there and you should always maintain a backup copy.

If the music is not on your computer, then use your backup copy to put it back.

Read this guide see if this help you: How to Transfer Music from iPod touch to iTunes

4. Giantvanman

Giantvanman Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
    I am sure you have probably read through the forums and found a solution...

All I did was authorise the replacement (or new computer) with my iTunes login. The iPod then recognised my 'authority' to have the songs and when the iPod was attached, they all transferred over into my new iTunes Library.

And whilst in my account, I de-authorised the old computer because Apple only allow four computers to have your iTunes library at any one time.

This has worked when switching PC to PC, PC to Mac, Mac to Mac and Mac to PC over the time I have been using iTunes.

5. Beno

Beno Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C350 CDI
    Maybe it's my age but I find iTunes hard to use. It just doesn't seem user friendly

6. JSY-A45AMG

JSY-A45AMG New Member

Car:
    Volvo C30 D5
    Haves search on the net, and you'll find some free software to do this. I can remember what it's called, but I've had to do this twice now for a friend. The downside with the free version is that you have to hit the space bar every 100 or so tracks. Either way it did the trick.

7. kimbos1961

kimbos1961 New Member

Car:
    mercedes c250 estate
    if it assist i paid for and downloaded software called: copy trans, which allows the transfer the other way. I believe apple does not recognise music which has been burnt to itunes from outside sources rather than bought on itunes.
    Hope that assists

8. jmb1966

jmb1966 New Member

I've used irip software before...

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

9. JollyNapoli

JollyNapoli New Member

Car:
    bike
    Also remember have iTunes installed first!