Transfer music from iPod touch to itunes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Daughters laptop has died, so got her a new one.
She wants to transfer her music on her touch to iTunes.
Bit itunes wont let her as she didn't get it from them , ant ideas of a good get round program?

The music sync is one way -computer to ipod. The only exception is itunes purchases: Without syncing: File>Transfer Purchases.

The music came from your computer in the first place, so it should still be there and you should always maintain a backup copy.

If the music is not on your computer, then use your backup copy to put it back.

Read this guide see if this help you: How to Transfer Music from iPod touch to iTunes

Daughters laptop has died, so got her a new one.
She wants to transfer her music on her touch to iTunes.
Bit itunes wont let her as she didn't get it from them , ant ideas of a good get round program?

I am sure you have probably read through the forums and found a solution...

All I did was authorise the replacement (or new computer) with my iTunes login. The iPod then recognised my 'authority' to have the songs and when the iPod was attached, they all transferred over into my new iTunes Library.

And whilst in my account, I de-authorised the old computer because Apple only allow four computers to have your iTunes library at any one time.

This has worked when switching PC to PC, PC to Mac, Mac to Mac and Mac to PC over the time I have been using iTunes.

Maybe it's my age but I find iTunes hard to use. It just doesn't seem user friendly

Haves search on the net, and you'll find some free software to do this. I can remember what it's called, but I've had to do this twice now for a friend. The downside with the free version is that you have to hit the space bar every 100 or so tracks. Either way it did the trick.

if it assist i paid for and downloaded software called: copy trans, which allows the transfer the other way. I believe apple does not recognise music which has been burnt to itunes from outside sources rather than bought on itunes.
Hope that assists

The music sync is one way -computer to ipod. The only exception is itunes purchases: Without syncing: File>Transfer Purchases.

The music came from your computer in the first place, so it should still be there and you should always maintain a backup copy.

If the music is not on your computer, then use your backup copy to put it back.

Read this guide see if this help you: How to Transfer Music from iPod touch to iTunes

Also remember have iTunes installed first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom