transfering from sky+ to disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Hi

Is there a quick and easy way of transferring recorded programs from the hard drive on sky+ to a dvd - at the moment I have to play the program and record it.... seems rather an archaic process......but have searched web with no joy

Cheers Malcolm................ you confirmed my fears.............lol

It's the only way I know of too. I set it up then go do something more worthwhile or do it when I want to watch whatever it is.:(

That's the only way I know too.:crazy:

I don't know how you would do it quicker than "live" anyway, otherwise it won't work :confused:

I was just hoping that someone had a "miracle" way of transfering the data as one does between hard drive and disc on a laptop......Oh well off to pick up my bed and walk...........

The only thing you can do is transfer the content to another disc via a free program. However this involves removing the drive from the unit.

The only thing you can do is transfer the content to another disc via a free program. However this involves removing the drive from the unit.

Think I'll give that one a miss......................lol

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the data is encrypted, or at the very least the hard drive is formatted in a slightly different manner to standard PC/MAC hard drives. This is Sky after all.

Mike

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the data is encrypted, or at the very least the hard drive is formatted in a slightly different manner to standard PC/MAC hard drives. This is Sky after all.

Mike
I cant answer that but we do take out the original and fit much larger HD's

Hey Television. Is it difficult/expensive to fit a bigger drive to sky+. I have the standard one and am continually deleting things to save more onto it..? Is it a DIY jobby also..?

Hey Television. Is it difficult/expensive to fit a bigger drive to sky+. I have the standard one and am continually deleting things to save more onto it..? Is it a DIY jobby also..?

Yup diy.
Older boxes are IDE, best to find a 5400rpm for noise.
High Def boxes use SATA.

Its diy but if youre competent you can use a piece of software called copy+ which copies the content of your original drive and formats it correctly.

No matter you will find all you need to know here...
http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/

Thats a handy link for you that Hugh has put up, and yes it is that easy

To go back to Crockers original question, unfortunately you can't use Copy+ to create back-ups on the PC or DVD :( .

Mike

Mike
The hard drive records the encrypted MPEG-2 Transport Stream.

It plays it back exacatly as if the stream was being received from the dish - so it has to be decrypted it and decoded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom