Transferring Text And Contacts From HTC One Mini To Samsung S6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
What's the easiest/safest way please?

I've done the photos, but I need my contacts and texts transferred from the HTC to the Samsung.

Thanks.

Try backing everything to your google account on the HTC and then sign in on the S6.

HTC for sale? :D

What Bob said. Just done mine today in anticipation of my new temporary phone arriving Thursday till my real one arrives at the end of the month.

Don't forget to back Whatssapp up as well John. :D

HTC also have a transfer wizard which works both way IIRC, just incase :)

Try backing everything to your google account on the HTC and then sign in on the S6.

HTC for sale? :D

Still struggling here :mad:.

How exactly do I do this?

Samsung SmartSwitch isn't compatible with the HTC One Mini :mad:.

EE help line didn't know what to do (like I'm the only person looking to move data from HTC One Mini to Samsung S6 :mad:).

Two EE shops with "the machine" that does it all in seconds both told me their machine was down :mad:.

Sync using computer only wants to sync data to my phone, not from it :mad:.

Bluetooth only does 10 contacts at a time and I have c300 :mad:.

All I want to do is transfer my contacts and possibly important texts from HTC One Mini to Samsung S6. I've easily moved the photos to the computer already.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Are your contacts backed up to a Google account John?

If not, this needs doing first. Then, once sorted, put your SIM in the new phone and just sign in to Google on it.

Alternatively, put your contacts onto the SIM (I'm assuming they're on the phone now?) and transfer them that way.

Are your contacts backed up to a Google account John?

If not, this needs doing first. Then, once sorted, put your SIM in the new phone and just sign in to Google on it.

Alternatively, put your contacts onto the SIM (I'm assuming they're on the phone now?) and transfer them that way.

How Dave? - I do a backup to my googlemail account but then can't find the contacts within it, other than 15 out of 300.

I have a new sim with the new phone.

My contacts are too numerous to load to a sim I believe.

You should have no issues getting the contacts onto the SIM, alternatively you could put them to your memory card, then swap that over?

May be easier that way.

ETA: It was SD card I meant before, not SIM. I've always stored numbers there on my own. Are you changing number or just a different sized SIM?

Last edited:
You should have no issues getting the contacts onto the SIM, alternatively you could put them to your memory card, then swap that over?

May be easier that way.

ETA: It was SD card I meant before, not SIM. I've always stored numbers there on my own. Are you changing number or just a different sized SIM?

Different sized Sim Dave, and no SD card.

I know - I'll go to a EE shop - the largest mobile phone carrier in the UK -oh, hang on a mo, their "machines" aren't working :devil:.

Sorry John, all I can think of is doing it via memory card, unless you can back it up via PC somehow, though I've never done that myself. :(

I have done another HTC One backup to my gmail account but it's still only showing 15 when I hit the gmail button on the left hand side of the screen on my laptop :dk:.

OK John try this, should get the data you need moved over.

1. Look in your Apps, you should have HTC Transfer Tool. if not, download it from the Play Store.

2. Download the App onto the Samsung, and open it selecting 'copy from another phone'

3. Ensure bluetooth is on both of them and follow on screen prompts, should transfer what you need

Oh and I can't understand where only 15 contacts are coming from. If you are signed into your google account on the HTC and have done a back up, signing into the samsung should download all you contacts.

And they say it's easier to transfer all your data these days lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom