transformed my w202! woohoo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

big_amg

Car
E320 CDI Avantgarde
transformed my w202! woohoo! now with pics!

hi guys, im really chuffed and i thought id share my happiness with the family! i bought my second w202 a month ago, i sold my last w202 to funga007 which was probably the best car iv ever had (amg kitted). after that iv had several cars including a p38 range rover, a couple of e36 bmws etc. just didnt get that 'feeling' you know the 'feeling' you get in a w202! so i went and bought a 99 v reg silver c200 esprit with staggered 17" amg wheels and nice and lightly tinted windows in exceptional condition. other than the wheels and tints the car was totally standard. the first mod i did was replace the grill with an avantgarde one (courtesy of z4hid) then a chrome gear surround. but it just didnt feel right without the leathers specially after having really nice electric ones with the 2 seater rears ( which i believe are really rare after seeing them go on ebay for £500 without the fronts!).

dd4c_3.jpg

so my mate funga007 found us a nice donor car with the right facelift black leathers in it! so i upgraded all the trim bits from the weird bluey carbon style trims to the sport carbon trim, the door cards, the seats and the exterior b pillar carbon trims! all done yesterday! i then had to clean the interior as the previous owner thought it was a good idea to use his car as a skip than hire a proper one. so a few hours of elbow grease and a turtle wax leather cleaner and conditioner later, its looking rather marvelous. sorry for going on a bit, but i had to!

p.s. this means me and my mate have almost all the bits off a 97 r reg sport up for grabs other than the bits mentioned above. we will be selling cheap to mbclub members!

before pics

12.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

after pics to follow!

i forgot to introduce myself to the forum, im big_amg and thus is my pride and joy!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. :)

I don't see any pics :dk:

Anyway what other mods are you planning on doing?

thats odd, how come i can see the pics?

im planning on changing the bumpers for some amg ones, if i can find them for a price that i dont have to take out a mortgage for! want to put a boot lip spoiler on but still in two minds. going to get one of those fancy cupholders for the cubby in the centre console and a new gear knob as the esprit one looks a bit crappy. and some upgraded lighting and a nice silent backbox to finish off! any suggestions?

thats odd, how come i can see the pics?

Because you've linked to pictures in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Pictures\ as opposed to hosting them on the internet and then publishing a weblink.

Yep i can see the pics now.

It looks fantastic , wheels look great. :cool:

Now post some after pics. :D

yet to take the after pics, weather has been rather 'british' today! how beautiful is my old one?

Your old one looks stunning, love the colour. :thumb:

What year was your old W202?

my old one was a 96 p reg, pre facelift. had so many extras, even the nifty cupholder! stunning interior to go with it. its still going strong, just needs a good tidy up, i still see it everyday, thankfully, i sold it to my best mate.

thanks for your comments guys, i looked so hard before i bought it, im glad i did!

I love the old one.
I love the silver one.

My 97 w202 is now looking a little tired and my wife is wanting to come back to the UK to buy a replacement. Maybe the search is on. Can anyone find me a decent one?

Nice car!

You say you have bits off the 97 car for sale, do you by any chance have the arm rest?, I have recently bought a C230K Sport but has the tray and really want an arm rest!

cuprastu - i do have the armrest, however it is missing the lid for the cubby compartment just below the armrest and the actual armrest lid is a bit worn as usual, pls pm me if your interested and ill reply with a price. cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom