Transmission Error Code RPM Sensor 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Retlas

Car
Mercedes clc 180 kompressor
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows what the issue is with my transmission. For the last year I have been experiencing a little jolt now and then in the gear shifts and not being able to change to sports mode whilst this would happen and the car would Rev higher than normal, normally this would go away once I turned the engine off and back on again. But yesterday it got really jolty and abrupt and now even if I am in park when I pull my gear stick down to reverse it’s a real big jolt backwards and a big jolt forward when it is in drive and I can only drive in 1st gear it won’t shift! Had RAC out today to plug into a computer and there was a error code RPM Sensor 3 ??? Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Thanks

Hi rpm sensors are normally on the valve chest unit and measure the speed of the transmission shafts. Need a xentry machine to process the fault code what model is it ?

Hi rpm sensors are normally on the valve chest unit and measure the speed of the transmission shafts. Need a xentry machine to process the fault code what model is it ?
Hi Jiggly, the model is clc 180 kompressor

5 speed then?

replacement electroplate is cheap, easy and plug and play. Sensors come with the electroplate

7 speed is not so easy

5 speed then?

replacement electroplate is cheap, easy and plug and play. Sensors come with the electroplate

7 speed is not so easy
Yes is a 5 speed. So you think is just electroplate replacement? And maybe get the ATF changed aswell?

Yes is a 5 speed. So you think is just electroplate replacement? And maybe get the ATF changed aswell?
Don't forget the socket.
When you are done you might want to re-prog it by one of us lot who get their dirty fixing these things,
This re-learn will smooth out the shift quality .
Tuercas Viejas

A new elctroplate is favorite and of course new ATF,as mentioned the 5 speed is easier to do than a 7 speed,of course put it on star,but sometimes there are no faults recorded with gearbox's but go ahead and get a new plate fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom