Transmission gremlins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tlzeebub

Car
2003 S320CDi, Ducati916
Good evening people of the MB club I'm looking for some help to a problem my dad has with his 2003 E270cdi, he lives in Spain so getting to the bottom of the problem is proving quite tricky. When I was out there in early April his car seemed to make a clonk and then get stuck in 2nd gear and consequently that and reverse is all the car had, I immediately thought to myself thats the speed sensor on the conductor plate so after finding an english speaking mechanic some 30 miles away which was an experience with only 2nd gear he plugged it in and came back with transmission speed sensor, the fella didnt exactly inspire any confidence saying that he'd never done one before blah blah blah so when I returned back to blighty I sent him a "how to" email with pictures, part numbers,torque settings etc, anyway the job has now been done and bugger me it's done exactly the same thing, I've just spoken to my dad and he's taking it back tomorrow to have it plugged in again and I've asked him to le me know any codes that come up, I'd of had money on the speed sensor being the culprit as they seem to be a fairly common problem on these boxes but does anyone else have any thoughts on what the fault may be, thanks in advance Chris

What part of Spain is your Dad in, I know of a guy (english) with a good rep for auto boxes in the Costa Del Sol.

Well the car went back to the garage today and now has a code of P0715 which is a new one, this code has only appeared since the speed sensor was replaced, do you still think I should be concerned about what radiator it has fitted to it or could it be something like a faulty conductor plate, any pointers are very much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom