Transmission issue GLA 250 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sabrina

Car
Gla250
I have a gla250 2015 that I recently purchased. It’s automatic but when it’s downshifting from 3rd to 2nd it jerks, a lot sometimes. I took it to the dealership, it’s still under warranty we took it for a test drive and he said everything seemed normal. They did some diagnostics and told me everything was fine. I took it home and the problem was still happening, I know it’s not normal because a friend of mine has a gla250 herself which she let me drove and hers does not jerk the slightest. Also, the auto start stop works pretty much whenever it wants, when I had picked up my car from service it was working but the next day it wasn’t again. Any suggestions on what I should do? I have another appointment at Mercedes next week for the same issue.

Have a look through this thread W212 Facelift E250 Transmission issues
Looks to be similar and you should look for a similar outcome.

Not too sure that can relate. The 212 is conventional auto where the GLA uses a double clutch jobby.

That said, the solution might be similar in scale, I am just not familiar with the double clutch boxes.

Not too sure that can relate. The 212 is conventional auto where the GLA uses a double clutch jobby.

That said, the solution might be similar in scale, I am just not familiar with the double clutch boxes.
Indeed I was referring to the outcome in that it's the dealers problem they keep the car until they find and cure the problem. That's their job after all.

Indeed I was referring to the outcome in that it's the dealers problem they keep the car until they find and cure the problem. That's their job after all.
Hey!
I’m the OP from the W212 post, you need to ask the dealer to keep it overnight and suggest that one of the mechanics drives it for a long duration, the bottom line is that if the shifting makes you uncomfortable or does not see normal they need to keep it till they find it. I don’t expect my car back for another week but I won’t be driving it home unless it is totally sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom