Transmission oil change, what else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizz

Car
CLK320 (w209)
I have booked my 2004 CLK320 (90,000miles) in for a transmission oil change with PCS in a few weeks time, should I be taking the opportunity to get anything else checked or replaced while I'm at it?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's the cost? - I don't know if I'm due a change, but it might be worth if for peace of mind.

If they've got it on the ramps, would it be worth getting the engine oil changed at the same time?

I use PCS as well, you could ask them to do a quick check on the suspension parts to make sure you are good to go.

When you get there, just ask Olly to advise you on what he thinks the car should need/want.

He's genuine enough and will not try to rip you off. It seems pointless doing unnecessary things just for the sake of doing them. :)

I do all this myself however getting a garage to do it may make it less viable - in the last year on my E280CDi (140,000km) I have done air filters, cabin filter, diff oil, power steering flush, transmission filter/oil, engine filter/oil, fuel filter, and brake fluid.

I have booked my 2004 CLK320 (90,000miles) in for a transmission oil change with PCS in a few weeks time, should I be taking the opportunity to get anything else checked or replaced while I'm at it?
Thanks.
I assume you are getting the gearbox filter changed at the same time as the fluid ?

I assume you are getting the gearbox filter changed at the same time as the fluid ?

I kind of assumed that that the filter would be changed, maybe I'd better check.

13 year old car...brake fluid perhaps ? easy for them while its up on the lift having the ATF changed.

It had front and back disks, pads and a fluid change in October 2016 and has done 11,000 miles since then so I think it's ok for now.
Also service indicator is showing 6,000 miles until next (B) service.

Last edited:
Diff oil? Maybe overkill but a 5 minute job with the car up in the air.

Hi,

Natacha here. Yes the filter and gasket is changed at the same time :)

Hi,

Natacha here. Yes the filter and gasket is changed at the same time :)

Would you advise having the pilot bushing changed?

Would you advise having the pilot bushing changed?

I had mine done... may as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom