Transmission oil quantity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lucky to get 3.5 out if you don't bother, can't really see the point.

No it doesn't, and they even said "We just measure what comes out and replace it with the same."

What if it is over or under filled to start with?

I have been reading all the posts on here like mad, including Olly's excellent write up, as I am about to have mine done, and it seems those that have the whole lot drained see a massive difference and those that just drop from the sump and replace with 3 odd litres don't notice much at all.
That to me says it is worth doing the lot.

if a jobs worth doing.......its worth doing well........
a saying that still has merit today
however it appears to be ignored more and more

gIzzE

I had my transmission oil changed a few weeks ago, including TC drained & found no difference at all. The transmission was performing perfect before,& still is. I only changed it because it was due.

gIzzE

I had my transmission oil changed a few weeks ago, including TC drained & found no difference at all. The transmission was performing perfect before,& still is. I only changed it because it was due.

That's the general idea behind scheduled maintenance - service the car before its performance starts deteriorating, not after.

Whenever someone describes an improvement in the car's behaviour following a service, you just know they delayed it for too long...

And yet when I had my ATF and Filter changed originally at 40,000 miles there was a BIG difference.

An automatice gearbox is a large high precission piece of engineering that has tom run under scrupulously clean conditions (Even more so than an Engine), so regular maintanence is vital to its longevity (even IF you dont notice a difference!
After all we accept that an Engine isnt "Sealed for life".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom