Transmission shifting after servicing valve body

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markheymann

Car
W124 E220
I have the W124 E220 model.....lovely car to own. My recent experience was the transmission not shifting after 2nd. I took to my mechanic and was informed its the valve body on trans. He rebuilt & serviced the unit. Now car drives OK but noticed there is a jerk from 2nd to 1st when easing to a stop. No problem at all shifting up when cruising. What can be done to ease the jerk from 2nd to 1st when slowing down to a stop. Thank you.

I have the W124 E220 model.....lovely car to own. My recent experience was the transmission not shifting after 2nd. I took to my mechanic and was informed its the valve body on trans. He rebuilt & serviced the unit. Now car drives OK but noticed there is a jerk from 2nd to 1st when easing to a stop. No problem at all shifting up when cruising. What can be done to ease the jerk from 2nd to 1st when slowing down to a stop. Thank you.
Possibly Mercedes using their Star diagnostics system can alter the shift parameters to improve this ?

Possibly Mercedes using their Star diagnostics system can alter the shift parameters to improve this ?
Would a W124 have an electronicly controlled transmission for Star to connect too?

I would be asking the person who rebuilt the transmission to look at it as this characteristic wasn't there prior to the work being carried out.

Would a W124 have an electronicly controlled transmission for Star to connect too?

I would be asking the person who rebuilt the transmission to look at it as this characteristic wasn't there prior to the work being carried out.
That’s above my pay grade buddy :rolleyes:

Yes
I would say that the transmission needs reset before doing anything further ,maybe even verify the fluid level perhaps at the same time .
Tuercas viejas

FWIW I do not believe that the 4 speed gearbox in a 124 routinely shifts down to first as you come to a stop. Default is to start in second unless using a heavy right foot in which case it kicks down to 1st. Therefore your problem is probably between third and second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom