transmission, shudder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

strity

Car
mercedes benz vito
Hi all,
I am experiencing a shudder/vibration in my MB 115cdi Vito van. Can anyone tell me what may be causing it?

A worn out torque converter is possible. Does it happen on light throttle going up a slight incline?

It seems to vibrate when i am accelerating up a hill but if i back off the vibration goes away

That does seem like a torque converter issue.

Needs proper diagnosis firstly

Also when it is cold, if i have driven a few hundred meters and stop for a few minutes, when i drive off it seems to stay in first for 5-10 seconds then changes up but only rarely does that. The vibration is worse when i accelerate hard. Thanx for your input, regards strity.

When was the ATF last changed?

the fluid was changed recently and engine mounts are fine. There is a klunk sound when i engage gear or when i accelerate after coasting, I hope that helps in diagnosis.

the vibration/shudder happens when accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gear and between 60-80kph, a few people have said it sounds like the torque convertor, does anyone think it could be the auto transmission?

the vibration/shudder happens when accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gear and between 60-80kph, a few people have said it sounds like the torque convertor, does anyone think it could be the auto transmission?

It's more likely to be the torque converter lock up clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom