Transmisson mount symptom help (W211)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip1972

Car
E350 CDI convertible 2011
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what sort of symptoms one might expect to have if your transmission mount is knackered?

I know what the ENGINE mount symptoms are, but not really sure of the trans mount.

Thanks

Phil

you can hear clunking sound from rear when you hit accelerator a bit hard on take off

you can hear clunking sound from rear when you hit accelerator a bit hard on take off

Thank you. Probably not what my issue is then!

I am getting a vibration through the seat, and when 1/2 warm, if I am feathering the throttle at 5 mph in a queue of traffic, I can feel a wobble if my left leg is resting on the transmission tunnel.

maybe you have a damaged flexdisc?
there are 2 of them on prop shaft.
if it's a bad flexdisc don't drive your car, take it to a mechanic

Thank you. Probably not what my issue is then!

I am getting a vibration through the seat, and when 1/2 warm, if I am feathering the throttle at 5 mph in a queue of traffic, I can feel a wobble if my left leg is resting on the transmission tunnel.

Any compliant mount is compliant precisely to isolate vibration. A failing one can transmit vibration.
Mount or not, it'd be wise to investigate further. (Check exhaust mounts also).

Can you feel it as well?

I think mine might be shafted.

The good news is, if it is a gearbox mount a replacement can be fitted easily in minutes and cost about £40 for a W211

I don't get it every time but sometimes when pulling away moderately it clunks a bit but I feel it rather than hear it.

The joys of a 12 year old car eh...

I am going to fit a new trans mount tomorrow and see what happens. The car is a 2009 80k miles and drives very smoothly, apart from at 80+.

Its only a tiny vibration, most would not notice it.

We will see.

Can you feel it as well?

I think mine might be shafted.

when mine was bad i could only hear a minor clunk if i put it in reverse and had a harsh fast stomp on accelerator.
i changed my mount and clunk noise went away

i only use MB parts or Lemförder stuff on my car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom