Transport role for drink driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Doesn't surprise me at all.

That's certainly leading by example - albeit not the right way around.

They might just show him round a few morgues, in line with his new duties & perhaps a few chats with bereaved families ?

Sorry, don't see the connection, he only hit a tree. Why are drink drivers always linked to death and injury and always children involved.

Sorry, don't see the connection, he only hit a tree. Why are drink drivers always linked to death and injury and always children involved.

Eek!
Dangerous ground, don't expect to find much objectivity on this subject.
I always try to highlight that an amazing 85% of road deaths are caused by those who aren't over the limit.
Wish someone would launch a campaign to get the crap drivers off the road...drunk or sober.

Last edited:
MB Club appears guilty of a similar (although far less serious) appointment.

*** recently banned, now elevated to the lofty height of Moderator. What is the world coming to:confused:

You're right. They should forget about drink-driving and only do someone when a death or injury occurs. Driving whilst piste is fine otherwise. Who cares about trees anyway.

Who better than someone who isn't safe to promote safety. I guess he is well experienced in that area now.

You're right. They should forget about drink-driving and only do someone when a death or injury occurs. Driving whilst piste is fine otherwise. Who cares about trees anyway.

Who better than someone who isn't safe to promote safety. I guess he is well experienced in that area now.
Lunatics and asylum come to mind.

Most drink drivers indeed do get home without incident.

But then most uninsured drivers don't actually hit anyone, most failed-MOT cars do not crash into others due to failed brakes, most texting drivers do not kill cyclists, and most joyriders do not run over a mother with a baby in a pushchair on a zebra crossing... should I carry on?

Yes, we talk mainly of those extreme incidents with horrifying consequences where drivers killed and maimed innocent people through knowingly breaking the law.

What it is exactly that you disagree with?

Most drink drivers indeed do get home without incident.

But then most uninsured drivers don't actually hit anyone, most failed-MOT cars do not crash into others due to failed brakes, most texting drivers do not kill cyclists, and most joyriders do not run over a mother with a baby in a pushchair on a zebra crossing... should I carry on?

Yes, we talk mainly of those extreme incidents with horrifying consequences where drivers killed and maimed innocent people through knowingly breaking the law.

What it is exactly that you disagree with?

Who said disagree? READ MY POST YOU HAVE QUOTED,I SAID "I DON'T SEE THE CONNECTION". Sorry to shout, but I hate people who misread and then try to make a point on that misreading.

OK, so I may have misread your post, apologies for that, but what's the difference between not seeing the connection and disagreeing then? At this point I am not sure I fully understand what it is you were trying to say.

The point being made by voters on tonight's national news was that his poor judgement should not be rewarded or condoned in such a responsible post. There were/are 43 other councillors available.

FYI. I think it makes an absolute mockery of those who choose to lead by good example.

ok, so i may have misread your post, apologies for that, but what's the difference between not seeing the connection and disagreeing then? At this point i am not sure i fully understand what it is you were trying to say.

+1

Eek!
Dangerous ground, don't expect to find much objectivity on this subject.
I always try to highlight that an amazing 85% of road deaths are caused by those who aren't over the limit.
Wish someone would launch a campaign to get the crap drivers off the road...drunk or sober.

Not for one moment arguing against pursuing drink drivers, but not to the exclusion of targeting the other dangerous idiots on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom