Travelling to garage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eh? I suspect you mean "The Human Centipede", but I'm not aware of anything resembling it having happened in Wales last weekend. Do tell.

You're right - centipede.
Just that image of them all in line climbing the hill brought it to mind.
I get that they may well have gone there seeking solitude but when the saw the hoards the obvious thing to do was to get back in their cars and go home.

Just you wait until somebody starts a thread about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...

Reactions: 219
Mrs car due an MOT tomorrow, local garage picking it up and dropping it back.

just a few days too soon for the 6 month extension.
Question : if it fails (dramatically) can you apply for the six month extension by refusing the 'free' re test ?? :confused: Giving you 6 months to sort it out while still driving it :dk:

Question : if it fails (dramatically) can you apply for the six month extension by refusing the 'free' re test ?? :confused: Giving you 6 months to sort it out while still driving it :dk:

The car must still be roadworthy.

I think we should all do the right thing. Order online and support business when this is all over.

Its costing me a fortune to stay closed. I know there is help (not had any yet) but I will only take it when my savings run out. I don't want to burden the uk economy anymore than I need to. I am sure some will milk it.
Very well said sir!

That Is not the point.

We've been told by our prime minister/government to stay indoors....unless you know better?
'Our Prime Minister' who was elected by a minority of the electorate , is patently a bampot - why should anyone pay attention to what that idiot says .

"get Brexit done; smirk" indeed , was about his most intellectual outpouring .

I have decided to close. If i need to go in to do a key workers car then I will. The problem is that I can't get parts. Local Mercedes Franchise is closed.
Since last week I have been cleaning the contact areas of all the cars that come in. I have been disinfecting the steering wheels, gear knob, door handles, window switches and more. One thing I have noticed how filthy these areas are. I spent half and hour with one car as it was so bad. Interior work was kept to a minimum as to protect myself.
We have a workforce of just 7 people. I have to protect my staff and their families as well as my customers. This is priority so therefore we are postponing all the work until its safe to open fully. Getting a car to a garage is not priority right now unless you are a key worker.
During your time off give your interiors a good scrub. It helps towards keeping us mechanics healthy.
Nitrile gloves , face masks , will help :)

You are very deluded! Why do you think 95% of the population have been following instructions for the last 3 days despite the fact that the Lords only passed the legislation this afternoon
Where do you get that statistic from ? What I have seen applies only in England , not here in Scotland .

Too many people are gullible /

I think someone is confusing "self isolating" with "self medicating".

An hour or so ago I was listening to Radio 4 and there was a question posed to a Chief of Police asking whether it was OK to drive (on his own) to a nice spot a couple of miles from his home, park up, eat a sandwich and have a coffeee IN the car and drive back home. The Chief said it's OK, he simply expects people to use their common sense. What will be stopped is people driving many miles to a busy beauty spot and walking around together as has happened in various places in the country, despite the instructions not to.

There you go, a small drive round to the hills behind my house and back is all good as far as the Police are concenred. :)

'Our Prime Minister' who was elected by a minority of the electorate , is patently a bampot - why should anyone pay attention to what that idiot says .

"get Brexit done; smirk" indeed , was about his most intellectual outpouring .
Aren't all prime ministers elected by a minority! If you cant say anything encouraging or positive maybe you should at least try to keep your prejudices to yourself whilst the pandemic is going on.

An hour or so ago I was listening to Radio 4 and there was a question posed to a Chief of Police asking whether it was OK to drive (on his own) to a nice spot a couple of miles from his home, park up, eat a sandwich and have a coffeee IN the car and drive back home. The Chief said it's OK, he simply expects people to use their common sense. What will be stopped is people driving many miles to a busy beauty spot and walking around together as has happened in various places in the country, despite the instructions not to.

There you go, a small drive round to the hills behind my house and back is all good as far as the Police are concenred. :)

Which is what I proposed (re beach) with a walk thrown in if no one was around. If you've read the thread, you'll know the response I got.
I suspect though, it falls on individual police forces and officers how they handle the likes of the above. And I'm not expecting the same level of benevolence as displayed by your Radio 4 Chief of Police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom