Travelling to garage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An hour or so ago I was listening to Radio 4 and there was a question posed to a Chief of Police asking whether it was OK to drive (on his own) to a nice spot a couple of miles from his home, park up, eat a sandwich and have a coffee IN the car and drive back home. The Chief said it's OK, he simply expects people to use their common sense.

Was that a British Chief of Police, or a Russian Chief of Police...

:D

LOL!!!! Both by now I should think! Things getting bad over there. We think Putin was hiding the real figures for quite a while, but now so many high profile actors etc have it and some have died of it, they can't hide it any more. Moscow on lock down, like London now.

Which is what I proposed (re beach) with a walk thrown in if no one was around. If you've read the thread, you'll know the response I got.
I suspect though, it falls on individual police forces and officers how they handle the likes of the above. And I'm not expecting the same level of benevolence as displayed by your Radio 4 Chief of Police.
Indeed! That's why we travel around our local area and walk and shop on the same day. Luckily we have some lovely walks and drives round here, and a local town just 3 or 4 miles away that has some really good farm shops for eggs etc.

Anyway, keep safe everyone!!

Well , I have an appointment to have my new tyres fitted tomorrow , and will have to take a walk while the job is being done since Halfords Autocentres have closed their waiting area . Ho hum .

Exactly the above
I am a key worker and will today be taking my car to Halfords Autocentre in Edinburgh to have a set of tyres fitted .

Since I need my car for work , maintenance of it is ‘essential’ .

Oh , and Halfords are currently offering 10% discount on tyres to emergency service workers .

There are also free vehicle checks and discounted bicycle services for emergency workers .

Got a call this morning cancelling the MOT I had booked for next Thursday :(

It expires on the 28th of April, so now I assume it's good until the 28th of October. Right when everybody will be trying to book an MOT:wallbash:

That puts a different complexion on it.
If MOT stations are refusing to test - then it's out of our hands. If insurance companies now get &rsey.....

Reactions: 219

It expires on the 28th of April, so now I assume it's good until the 28th of October. Right when everybody will be trying to book an MOT:wallbash:

Same here. My van was booked in for MOT today but got a phone call on Wednesday to cancel it.

tbh it’s really no big deal. Last thing on my mind just now.

It's an extension for 6 months, doesn't meant the mot stations are going to be shut for 6 months.
As soon as the lockdown is over mot stations will be open.
Dont drive during the lockdown.
Of course there will be a few who just miss the cut of due to what's going on.
You'll have to be extremely unlucky to have no mot and not be exempt and have an incident in the interim.

I dont see this as a high priority issue at the moment, it's like some folk are looking for tiny things to moan about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom