TRAX 2015 Silverstone- 19th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have come far too late to this party :(

I live 10 mins away from Silverstone and am going to be there anyway Sunday for an AMG driving session in the GTS. I'll pop by and say hello to everybody and in the meantime if anybody who has a pass for the stand suddenly needs to drop out at short notice can you let me know and we can try and arrange something ?

watch the bead :)

I won't be there at the start if someone can save me a parking space please :thumb:.

The E63 estates need to line up together of course, I'll try and handle this for you.

The E63 estates need to line up together of course, I'll try and handle this for you.

Ebony and ivory - live together in perfect harmony (sickly of what) :crazy:.

i'll be there around 10 I guess Pete - not too late :thumb:.

Happy days.......I may end up with a clean car then :)
Just dribble a capful of shampoo on the roof before you set off, and it should be sparkly by the time you arrive :D

Not with the speed he drives Phil, it'll be all over everyone else's on the motorway though. :)

I have a spare Trax entry ticket if anyone wants one. I am aiming to get to Silverstone around 8. Pm me if anyone is interested, & i can leave my mob number.

weathers looking good again guys, drive up might be a bit wet but good for the day :)

what area is the stand as ime without the merc ive got to park with the baseball caps but will wander over to peruse the supercharged c63,s especially

T10 ,

see you guys there for 9 ish

Just up at Northampton services on j15 - not seen so many cars on the way down here compared to last time but at least it's stopped raining now!

I'm just back from TRAX, not sure on numbers but it looked like a million or so lol, it was totally rammed!! It's a shame it rained early in the morning as my car was nice and clean, but once I arrived it was all dirty again

There was a huge queue to get in at 0815 but did the thing that I tut tut people about and barged in at the front, sorry everyone but I'm feeling quilt and remorse right now.

One the plus side I got a few thumbs up from some cars once queueing inside Silverstone, and on my track session at 2pm, in the 'experienced' session, I pretty much mullered everyone around the short circuit until the brakes cried no more. Very much wish the car had carbon brakes as it acquitted itself extremely well, not just down the straights but into, around, and especially out of the bends too. I've not done the short circuit before so the bit after Maggots and Becketts caught me out a bit, a few more laps to tune my line through there and onto Wellington straight and I would have overtaken everyone in the group :bannana:

Pulling off the circuit I got a round of applause from the Marshals! :rock:

Also I got lots of smoke from the brakes :eek: I mean proper smoke to the point where I was looking for someone who might have a fire extinguisher handy :eek:

A slow crawl back to our stand and letting the car slow to a halt by itself in neutral seemed the sensible thing to do. It certainly didn't smell nice:crazy:

Bit of sunburn, lots of new members met, lots of good chats, a few exhaust sound-offs (ChrisA won, but credit to RSK21 for the non MB) and a good walk around the interesting and "interesting" cars, some of which took me right back to my teens :bannana:

Glad to hear the rain stopped!

Have a look at your discs once they cool down for any possible cracking.

I drove home ok once they'd cooled down. They're very blue, but felt ok, no juddering or anything. I'll still double check though.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom