Tree glue whats best to remove the little blobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
Hi when i am washing the car the trees we have here spit and you get little blobs about 2mm in size like a brown glue, they are really hard to get off.
Any clues i am using hot water and picking with my nails but still a right job to get off, anyone know any easy tricks. easiest way it don't park under trees i know. Any better ideas.

Not used either of those, so I can't comment on them, but the most effective tar type remover I have found to date is Muc-Off bug and tar remover. You need to leave it on for a wee while, but it is excellent stuff.

A clay bar will remove it with ease.

Isn't tree glue called Sap?

White spirit will shift it.

I use Tardis for sap and tar deposits. Spray on panel and leave to dwell for five mins and then wipe off.

Mrhanky said:
I use Tardis for sap and tar deposits. Spray on panel and leave to dwell for five mins and then wipe off.

+1 just don't let it dry before removing, it can stain especially if it gets near plastics...

I had a similar problem a while ago, my car was covered from front to back in tree sap. Once I got home I snow foamed the car and left it for about 5 mins. I then pressure washed the foam off and the sap was gone completely. I used Ultimate Snow Foam but I'm sure the other products would do the job.

Lesson learned - if that single parking space, with no parking either side of it looks too good to be true...

Must get messy when they wipe their bums.
That stuff is a nightmare to shift.

Well you have given me a few things to try its only the few odd spots but very annoying, and if it is bugs poo they must be eating locktite, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom