Tree Huggers rejoice! ML63 AMG 10th Anniversary' & 'Performance Studio' Special Editi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Green Mototring starts here! ;)

ML 63 AMG "Performance Studio": Maximum luxury fittings

With the ML 63 AMG "Performance Studio", the AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO, opened in 2006, showcases its expertise in helping realise the dreams of individual motorists, offering exclusivity at the Affalterbach location. The very special M-Class features a combination of uniquely detailed fittings typical of the vehicles designed in the AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO.

mercedes-ml-63-amg-performance-studio-edition_3.jpg

Yeah, this Chrome will last long on those rocks:
mercedes-ml-63-amg-performance-studio-edition_7.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-performance-studio-edition_8.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-performance-studio-edition_10.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-performance-studio-edition_23.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-performance-studio-edition_25.jpg

Matching its "metallic Peridot brown" exterior paintwork, the ML 63 AMG "Performance Studio" features 21" high-sheen AMG light alloy wheels with a double spoke design, painted the same colour as the car. Wide-base 295/35 R 21 tyres ensure the necessary road surface contact. The high-gloss chrome trim on the upper body edges at window level is another eye-catching detail.

The extraordinary character of this unique M-Class vehicle is just as evident in the interior. The full nappa leather upholstery with a "porcelain" coloured diamond design creates an ambience of luxury. It covers the AMG sports seats, the rear seats and the door linings. The AMG emblem embossed on the front headrests points to the vehicle's exclusive origin, manufactured in the AMG Performance Studio in Affalterbach. The lower part of the dashboard, the front and back centre consoles and the backs of the front seats are all clad in glossy, porcelain-coloured nappa leather. A clear contrast is formed by the black cording, as well as the upper part of the dashboard and the door linings clad in black nappa leather. The entire roof lining, including the grab handles, sun visors and rear window frame, is lined with charcoal alcantara. The AMG sports steering wheel is black with porcelain-coloured cording.

Access strips with white luminous AMG lettering, AMG wood trim in high-gloss black piano lacquer and black AMG floor mats with porcelain-coloured nappa leather edging add further highlights to the exquisitely designed interior of the ML 63 AMG "Performance Studio".

Both the ML 63 AMG "Performance Studio" and the ML 63 AMG "10th Anniversary" demonstrate the wide range of possibilities which the AMG Performance Studio draws from to fulfil the most individual wishes of its customers. Customised modifications, e.g. to AMG sports suspensions, AMG high-performance brake systems, AMG wheel/tyre combinations, locking differentials, or individual interior fittings are carried out by the highly qualified experts at Affalterbach, who also manufacture special one-off vehicles. In the design and construction, they draw on decades of experience in making high-performance cars, as well as comprehensive expertise from the world of motor sports. And they set themselves the highest standards of quality and safety.

ML 63 AMG "10th Anniversary": Exclusive high-performance SUV with particularly appealing fittings

mercedes-ml-63-amg-10th-anniversary-edition.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-10th-anniversary-edition_1.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-10th-anniversary-edition_3.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-10th-anniversary-edition_10.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-10th-anniversary-edition_12.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-10th-anniversary-edition_14.jpg

mercedes-ml-63-amg-10th-anniversary-edition_20.jpg

The successful ML 63 AMG will shortly be launched as the especially exclusive "10th Anniversary" variant. The 375-kW/510-hp top M-Class model fascinates with its striking appearance and extraordinary standard features. With the ML 63 AMG "10th Anniversary", Mercedes AMG is celebrating ten years of high-performance SUVs. The ML 55 AMG with a 255-kW/347-hp AMG 5.5-l V8 engine, launched in 1999, is considered the trendsetter and founder of an entire vehicle segment.

The ML 63 AMG "10th Anniversary" jubilee model was developed in the AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO and showcases AMG's expertise in catering to the wishes of individual customers. The experts at the AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO were also responsible for developing the new SL 65 AMG Black Series, as well as Official F1TM Safety Car and Official F1TM Medical Car.

The newly designed front end dominates the extraordinary appearance of the ML 63 AMG "10th Anniversary": the bonnet with power domes catches the eye, as does the radiator grille with fins painted Himalaya grey. A matching Himalaya grey underseal and fog lamp fittings form a delightful contrast to the exterior paintwork in metallic obsidian black, metallic iridium silver and calcite white. Shaded Bi-Xenon headlights add the finishing touch to the front view.

Viewed from the side, the exclusive 21" AMG light alloy wheels with a five-spoke design commands attention: the combination of Himalaya grey paintwork and the high-sheen surface creates a lasting impression. The 10 x 21" AMG light alloy wheels are fitted all round with size 295/35 R 21 wide-base tyres. On the rear end of the ML 63 AMG "10th Anniversary", the underseal in Himalaya grey mirrors the design of the front end.

Exquisite two-tone nappa leather upholstery in the interior

The AMG sports seats can be adjusted electronically, and feature a multi-contour function and seat heating. A new feature is the exquisite two-tone nappa leather upholstery available in two different colour combinations: black/alpaca grey and black/beige. The AMG sports steering wheel is also two-tone, designed to match the interior colour scheme. Perforated leather covering the grip area ensures optimum handling, and the AMG switch paddles enable manual gear changing. The exclusive tone is emphasised not just by the upper part of the dashboard clad in designo leather and the black roof lining, but also the charcoal poplar wood trim.

The ML 63 AMG "10th Anniversary" will be available to order in spring 2009; the first vehicles will be delivered to customers in summer 2009.

ML 55 AMG: Worldwide trendsetter and first ever high-performance SUV

With the new ML 63 AMG "10th Anniversary", Mercedes AMG GmbH is celebrating ten years of AMG high-performance SUVs. The ML 55 AMG, the high-performing top model from the popular first generation of M-Class vehicles, was launched in September 1999 at the International Motor Show in Frankfurt on Main. As the founder of the new "high-performance SUV" segment, the ML 55 AMG quickly became a best seller in the AMG range of models. With a maximum output of 255 kW/347 hp, an engine displacement of 5.5 litres and eight cylinders, the ML 55 AMGoffered a level of driving performance previously unthinkable in this segment: it could accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.8 seconds, and had a top speed of 235 km/h. The extraordinary combination of its superior drive train, greater off-road suitability, outstanding driver comfort, unrivalled safety and generous interior delighted AMGcustomers all over the world. Over 11,000 ML 55 AMGs were sold between 1999 and 2003.

KHz

Last edited:
what credit crunch ??

no additional power, just different colours and trim

That's another to add to my 'dream list' !!

Stunning!

What a terribly unlucky time to launch such a model. Apparently LandRover sales in October were down 58% on a year ago. And the US market is crumbling for such gas guzzlers too.

Personally I'm sad to see AMG styling going so flash-harry. I like the looks of the standard ML a lot and feel the body kit and grotesquely oversized wheels do it no favours at all.

Rear light's are awful, still stunning though.

one of the most pointless examples of style over function I've ever seen

and it's fugly

It is a bit "bling" or "shiny". However it will antagonise the sort of person that I think needs antagonising. The eco hippie.

The article on autospies is wrong. Read the opening paragraph. The reference to the V12 engine is to do with the SL car. I back this theory up by looking at pictures of both the performance studio ML and 10th Anniversary ML model. Both have engine bays that look the same, because they are. Both have V8's. Shame, a V12 ML probably would be the UKs fastest depreciator and a hoot and a big **** you to eco hippies.

The article on autospies is wrong. Read the opening paragraph. The reference to the V12 engine is to do with the SL car. I back this theory up by looking at pictures of both the performance studio ML and 10th Anniversary ML model. Both have engine bays that look the same, because they are. Both have V8's. Shame, a V12 ML probably would be the UKs fastest depreciator and a hoot and a big **** you to eco hippies.

My mistake. I should have read it properly...:eek:

just count the inlet manifold pipes on the picture. only 8 of them

and I love it....

why? It's pointless

It fails on every level.

As a trackday car, the engine is probably great but the car isn't. As an off roader it's just useless, low profile tyres, huge wheels lots of expensive bits to fall off/break. As a round town car it makes you look like a tw*t with more money than sense because it's a nothing car that will depreciate faster than most people can earn the money to pay for it.

Actually *** the "Eco Hippies" you keep referring to would probably laugh their nuts off at anyone daft enough to buy something like that :)

Andy

You really don't like it do you.

I know an E63 estate would be the obvious choice maybe for a family super wagon but I already like my old ML and like the new shape one. This being the 'top range' model I like it.

If you can afford the car I doubt your too worried about losing money on it. E63 Estate would not be much better.

I can have fun in my barge already so not sure where anyone on UK roads uses the performance of these types of car. Its just nice to have it I guess.

I don't like it for the reasons you've just highlighted. You could never safely use it's performance anywhere. Not just UK roads but any road/track in the world.

That's what makes it pointless 6.3 litres of AMG power with the aero dynamics of a brick.

Your 350 makes more sense even though I wouldn't coose one of those either :)

Now, put the '63 engine in the estate like you suggested and it's a different kettle of fish entirely

Good job we all like different things I guess.

Our new Caravan would look great behind that ML63 :)

now that will get people started :) :)

sadly, there's no towbar available for our E55 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom