Tree surgeon scratched my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
Walked by the car this morning and found it surrounded by tree brunches and a tree chipping machine. Apparently they lost their parking reservation and all of the sudden it became my fault. To photos of everything and noticed a curved scratch on the rear tailight and bumper.
Called the company and they said they will call me back but never did. Called the insurance they said it will affect my no claims bonus and I have to pay them they will try and get the money for me. I said I will pass for now. So basically they ****ed up my car and there is nothing I can do about it.

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

1. Keep calling them!
2. Try social media
3. Write reviews on google etc.

They keep saying they will ring me back

Say that you will be seeking to take legal action to try and recover damages. :thumb:

Is their kit still there? If yes? Grab it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking of damaging their car as well. I mean my taillight costs like 250 new

Solicitors letter explaining facts and possible legal action if damage not paid for. normally solicitors letter would get there attention as long as they are a lets say a real company and not bill and ted that nicked a chipper.
if all fails and you cant get money for damages, slate them on facebook ect.

I was thinking of damaging their car as well. I mean my taillight costs like 250 new

Seems reasonable......

The problem is that there is no evidence that they actually caused the damage, unless somebody actually witnessed them causing the damage. I am not saying they didn’t do it but proving it in law is a different game.

The problem is that there is no evidence that they actually caused the damage, unless somebody actually witnessed them causing the damage. I am not saying they didn’t do it but proving it in law is a different game.
There is a lot of evidence, I took photos of how close they were working to the car and also photos showing soil and grain on the scratch

Reactions: 219
Then that is great news. Write by recorded delivery explaining you have evidence a,OMG with your estimate for repair. Tell them that should you not hear from them with a response, you will have no hesitation to stake the claim through the small claims court; it works! A claim is a simple on line process costing around £80 which is refunded once the judge agrees that the probability is that they caused the damage. If they do not respond to the court you will be awarded the claim in full plus your fee.

There is a lot of evidence, I took photos of how close they were working to the car and also photos showing soil and grain on the scratch

I do not want to urinate on your parade, but what you have is defined as circumstantial evidence. Without an admission of guilt from the company, independent witnesses or CCTV footage of the incident, you are up the creak without a paddle.

I am not saying give up by any stretch of the imagination but before you start appropriating property not belonging to you or any other form of action which you could be prosecuted for, gave the company a chance to do the right thing.

If they then refuse, do what you need to do to balance your karma neither of which will reverse the damage to your car nor refund the costs incurred, but will no doubt make you feel better.

Just my 2p worth.:)

I do not want to urinate on your parade, but what you have is defined as circumstantial evidence. Without an admission of guilt from the company, independent witnesses or CCTV footage of the incident, you are up the creak without a paddle.

I am not saying give up by any stretch of the imagination but before you start appropriating property not belonging to you or any other form of action which you could be prosecuted for, gave the company a chance to do the right thing.

If they then refuse, do what you need to do to balance your karma neither of which will reverse the damage to your car nor refund the costs incurred, but will no doubt make you feel better.

This is so true.

I had a neighbour (two doors down) getting some building work done. Their builders had a little digger on tracks near my parked car. I came back that evening from work (walk to work). Digger gone but digger teeth marks on the bonnet and digger track dent on the bumper right below the bonnet on my car. It took me a while to work out what could have made that damage. At first I assumed it was a pickup truck but the height was all wrong.

The pattern of the teeth marks, show an impact (3-4") and a dragback (1") as it was withdrawn.

The car was parked in a remote garage block behind my property. Not many cars go down there other than for access to the gardens.

I did question it with the neighbour. They agreed it did look like the digger. But this is all circumstantial evidence and the builder did not admit to it so what can you do?

eta: this is on the little Suzuki which is worth pennies so hence not pursuing

The violent outburst is when you try to find justice the right way yet the system allows for loopholes. Others suck it up and go to therapy, others just want to get even.
I did question the planning with the Borough and brought up bad planning for the entire project with photographic evidence so I am going to make sure they don't get another contract here that easily

Then that is great news. Write by recorded delivery explaining you have evidence a,OMG with your estimate for repair. Tell them that should you not hear from them with a response, you will have no hesitation to stake the claim through the small claims court; it works! A claim is a simple on line process costing around £80 which is refunded once the judge agrees that the probability is that they caused the damage. If they do not respond to the court you will be awarded the claim in full plus your fee.
Old-fashioned paper letters still get more attention then phone calls or emails. It will also send them a message that this isn't just going to go away, and that you are prepared to pursue it.

If you’ve got time on your hands, pursue it by whatever means necessary.

If you haven’t, chalk it down to one of life’s experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom