Tree surgeon scratched my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Take away their tree chipping machine ( it is called 'poinding' , and perfectly legal ) and tell them it will be released back to them when they pay for the damage to your car .
That might work if they are a legit business, It could go horribly wrong if they had recently 'traveled' to the site and the phone number on their van is not a landline, or a number that is permanently engaged/answer machine.

The name has changed , but the principle remains the same : you can legally seize goods as a surety against payment .
So, it's not called poinding and it's not available in London.

What a pointless contribution.

So, it's not called poinding and it's not available in London.

What a pointless contribution.
How do you know it can't be done in London .

Bailiffs do exactly that , even in the lawless south .

That'll need a court order, after an award for the debt.
I've never heard of the term poinding but it sounds like an action open to abuse by revenge.

If an asset is already in the possession of the creditor I can see how the creditor can deny access to it, but to take possession, because an unproven creditor feels it's just, sounds like theft to me.

That'll need a court order, after an award for the debt.
I've never heard of the term poinding but it sounds like an action open to abuse by revenge.

If an asset is already in the possession of the creditor I can see how the creditor can deny access to it, but to take possession, because an unproven creditor feels it's just, sounds like theft to me.

Poinding (pronounced as if spelled pinnding) (Scots law) : that diligence whereby a debtor's property is carried directly to a creditor.

Reactions: m80

Clutching straws now Ponto.

I know there are differences in Scottish law,
Down 'ere there is even a duty of care responsibility, if a while in possession of assets they're not looked after.

I've had tenants abscond owing me lots of dosh, easy to demonstrate by a rental statement.
I've to serve notices with intention to dispose and keep their junk for an ambiguous period 'just incase they come back for it'.
In truth I take photo's and ditch it as soon as. Their claim would soon enough be offset by my counter claim, and at least then they have turned up. But I usually have guarantor to chase these days anyway.

In all fairness the company eventually called me back and gave he their insurance details.
I also jet washed the car and it turns out there was no scratch on the paint work, it was just a very stubborn stain left when the car came into contact with the tree branch so no claim needed.
It was so annoying though having the guy on site trying to bullshit me, I don't know how else a brown vertical line could be made passing from the taillight, and I don't even live in the country side.
Edit: also, tree surgeon? you are a ****ing gardener so stop trying to sound sophisticated. [emoji854]

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

Edit: also, tree surgeon? you are a ****ing gardener so stop trying to sound sophisticated. [emoji854]

Not related to Mellors the ****ing gamekeeper,was he?

It depends on whether he has become qualified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom