Trespassing Kids - What can I do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is why you must not approach the school, it isn't a school anymore, it is a place where these people can still be paid, so they congregate, take your money, ruin your children and attack anybody who "interferes".

I think that’s a very unfair comment. Unless of course you are joking. ;)

Not joking at all - at all.

Research Peter Ellis, and how they delt to him.

Last edited:
This is why you must not approach the school, it isn't a school anymore, it is a place where these people can still be paid, so they congregate, take your money, ruin your children and attack anybody who "interferes". Be aware of the TLVF's.

As someone who works in a school I think that's nonsense. Schools will be concerned what their pupils get up to while in uniform but they are not a substitute for the parents where the real responsibility lies.

You are welcome to your opinion as always but what I think is nonsense is the level of Math and Science children who are schooled in the UK or NZL have and their God given sense of entitlement - where does that come from, compare to China.

I know it's a sweeping generalisation and it will be unfair to some, perhaps many, but the overwhelming trend is as we know it to be.

Last edited:
I suspect there is an element of parenting that gives this sense of entitlement. I'm 35, my cousins are a generation younger so they're in their early 20s now. Their expectations of the world are so different from mine, even when I was their age. There is this sense that they're owed something rather than work hard for it. It's totally down to their parents and how they've treated them though.

I'm not saying there are some aspects where the education system could be tweaked but when you have parents marching up the school because a teacher has dared to tell their kids off, I can appreciate how teachers hands are tied. My eldest daughters mum is a teacher so I've heard it from both sides.

When young people get a bad press it's a shame that it's taken as a generalisation. If you take a large population of kids and a typical secondary school will have over 1000, there are bound to be some problem kids amongst them. I think everyone should see the inevitability of that. Schools can only do so much to correct the wayward ones especially when the parents are not supportive. My observations having worked in a large school for 16 years is that behaviour on the whole has actually improved. I'm not saying they are all angels, the vast majority are just ordinary kids. Some really are angels though that you would be proud to call your own. Our current head believes strongly in old fashioned courtesy and he's even got our kids opening the door for members of staff and we for them. It honesty feels to me like the school is in a better place than it's ever been in my time there. If these kids are our future, then I think they'll do a better job of it than we did.

Alright; I genuinely apologise to you 190 if I have misrepresented you and others, Happytalk73, who are obviously on the right side of the equation. It cannot be easy working with the people I am talking about and some of the children while not really being paid well to do so - even though you have to have the education to qualify. It is very important to have Teachers/Masters like you to counter the others. So, sorry.

Incidentally, I went back to my first primary school last Sunday after fifty years away. I was there only for nine months originally as a five year old. We used to have a general assembly at the beginning of each day in order of class and pupil size, listen to the news from the Head Master, Teachers and the odd Pupil, sing the anthem, salute the flag, then down our milk and go to class. A shortened version was held after lunch.
Funny after an hour or so wondering around completely alone how much you remember very clearly that you have not recalled in fifty years, especially the concrete I played on, the stairs I ran my little cars over and the architecture of the buildings in particular. This well over and above the friends I made and the teacher I had - even though I liked her, or being dressed up as Clint Eastwood with twin revolvers at the Rodeo & Fancy Dress event. It was a strong farming community in one of NZL's prime provinces at a time when we were still pretty much the wealthiest Country on earth per head, largely due to the farming input from the locals. Very, very special days for me - it is still one of NZL's prettiest little towns.
I would be careful doing anything like that again without somebody being there with me, as I found it to be a very intense emotional experience, possibly due to the massive changes we have seen in society in 50 years, possibly due to the wasted efforts that one tends to see clearly in hindsight, but also possibly because of the physical part that goes on in the brain when you recall something that has not been activated for 90% of your life - yet it is still there clear as clear could be. What a machine the brain is.

Be careful how you talk to a five year old, it does sink in and stay there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom