Trespassing Kids - What can I do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hire a massive chain saw. Buy a massive hunting knife. Obtain a big log to sit on. When you think the kids are about to arrive, sit on the log sharpening the aforementioned knife before firing up the chainsaw and walking towards the path but stay on your property while trying to look like a complete f****** nutter. All completely legal as long as you don't issue any threats and may do the trick. Think of uncle Buck when he got his axe out of his car boot..
So that's why I get no kids on my land?

I think it was a shop owner in trouble because he had one to keep bothersome kids away from his shop entrance....(something to do with their human rights being infringed IIRC ----bring on Brexit).
They tried to stop the local rai
under section 97(2) of the Children Act 1989 .

This makes it an offence to publish any material which is intended or likely to identify any child involved in any proceedings in which any power may be exercised regarding that child under the Children Act 1989 or the Adoption and Children Act 2002.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That is unlikely to include criminal court proceedings where the judiciary will determine what is admissible and what is not .

I think it was a shop owner in trouble because he had one to keep bothersome kids away from his shop entrance....(something to do with their human rights being infringed IIRC ----bring on Brexit).
They tried to stop the local rai
Publishing includes disclosing to any 3rd party...

The act of photography does not in itself involve any disclosure.

In the event of some wrongdoing, any attempt to resist seizure of evidence by the police or citation by the fiscal would be unlawful .

Sorry for the slow reply chaps, thanks for all the discussion.

I actually have CCTV on my property and relevant signage as well. It doesn't point off my property as such but it does keep an eye on the entrance to my driveway and along my fence. I did do some reading on the subject as I didn't much fancy the Police knocking on my door.

In terms of Trespassing as I understand it, this is a Civil matter and you're only really able to get Police involved if they won't leave. In the main part, they leg it the moment someone shouts 'Oi' in their direction. Last week with the snow, my other half spotted at least three ocassions where the kids just wandered onto our property, actually when you look back at the CCTV, I'd say there were more like eight occasions and that was just within the time frames I looked at. One of which marches straight onto the property and leans his arms out to the width of my partners car bonnet to gather as much snow as possible. No it's not the end of the world but firstly, I don't want the car scratched, secondly what entitles the little turd to walk 5ft onto my property because he feels like it? The other thing that seems to attract the little scamps (read b*stards) is gravel, like flies around sh!te. I've seen one kid walk onto the drive, dig his foot into the gravel to deliberately try and kick as much into the road as possible.

As I understand the only thing this may fall under is antisocial behaviour which I suspect is more something I could drive towards the Principal (Head Master in old money) as I'm sure he'd rather that wasn't banded about. The trouble is with the entire school is that it's so wishy washy, the teachers are all matey with the students and most of them need a bloody slap not a high five! In turn there's very little respect from some of the pupils, actually just a general attitude that's poor. I know I sound about 80 years old but at 35, is there such a vast difference from when I was at school?

In a futile attempt to try and differentiate my driveway from the pavement, which should be obvious to more normal humans, I've put a chain up. I'm under no illusion that this is enough of a physical barrier to stop someone walking up to the property but may indicate enough to show that it's not public property. It's a pain to be undoing it and and redoing it when going on and off that part of the driveway but I can but try. For the sake of £20s worth of stuff off e-bay it's worth a shout.

9KEIpLa.jpg

Also, if they're prepared to cross a barrier, even a minor one such as that then I think I'd have cause to grumble a bit more. I guess it's as much of a barrier as a 1m fence in that if someone wants to jump over it they will.

Does passing on footage to the police or the school, to try to put a stop to arguably antisocial behaviour, lead to proceedings exercising powers under those two Acts? I'm no expert, but I wouldn't have thought so; surely the objects of those Acts do not include protecting the guilty from identification?
Police will always follow the easiest route for a conviction regardless of the ethical position, all to do with improving statistics against which they are measured for promotion and funding. That is why more resources are available to persecute the motorist than to combat anti social behaviour and violent crimes unfortunately....

If the school does nothing after you've contacted them, let them know that you will go onto social media. Find out the school Twitter handle and start posting. I would expect them to start doing something if you were to post whenever it happens - even more if the neighbours did it too.
May be worth just checking their feed to see if others are having problems.

Funnily the only reason I signed onto Twitter was to tweet something about the school. Not sure how far it goes.

Unfortunately because the area is predominantly bungalows, me and my partner are the youngest on our road so getting neighbours on Twitter is sadly, not very likely. I will certainly keep it in mind though.

Funnily the only reason I signed onto Twitter was to tweet something about the school. Not sure how far it goes.

Unfortunately because the area is predominantly bungalows, me and my partner are the youngest on our road so getting neighbours on Twitter is sadly, not very likely. I will certainly keep it in mind though.

Looking at the pic of your drive it doesn’t seem that hard to fit a gate? Why don’t you look into it

Looking at your photo as others have, why not raise your fence to the level over the road (6') then you can install a decent set of gates to the same height - job done..

I had similar years ago, except it wasn't kids it was a neighbor from hell.. I put up a fence to the legal height, then installed gates with glass on top and also have CCTV installed - its a pain I know but trust me your troubles will die down.. as they can't get in.. + you have quality vehicles there to protect so money well spent I'd say..

A bonus on my case now is that I can polish, Tinker , repair to my hearts content and the tw4t can't see in to torment - he has tried I know, trust me.. but its so much more secure....

Pleased to see you have become aware of one of the favorite hunting grounds for the TLVF types. And extra pleased to hear you are only 35, a man of true wisdom obviously.
Terrifically Livid Vag Fluffer?

Put a fence up. Kids in the UK have no concept of boundaries , adults either. My parents home in London is the same way, there is no fence and people would short cut by walking across the lawn to get to the other side in order to save themselves from walking 20ft around the yards. We did it when we were kids too and did not think anything off it.

Either learn to live with it or put a fence up if it's that frustrating to you. Police won't give a crap if they're walking on your lawn. They might give a crap if you catch them climbing a fence and they will definitely give a crap if you take matters into your own hands.

4 foot fence is fine and if you really want to be a d*ck, plant something with nettles on the other side.

Last edited:
sobaka-kavkazskaya-ovcharka.jpg

Looking at the pic of your drive it doesn’t seem that hard to fit a gate? Why don’t you look into it

That entrance is shared otherwise I’d do it in heartbeat.

Essentially if you’re looking towards my property you’d drive off the road and right onto to parking shown in the picture.

You’d go left to park on my neighbours front parking.

Between the houses is a shared drive that leads to a garage by my back garden.

A gate would be ideal and I’d have no issue paying for it, shared of otherwise. I just can’t see what direction it could pivot so that it’s not blocking either side from driving off their front drive.

The beauty of a Taranaki gate is it doesn't pivot, if you don't want it to. 2" x 2" battens and some barbed wired is pretty much all you are going to need.

You just roll it right around the corner if you want.

Don’t mean to laugh but I see you’ve also got a bus stop opposite you, so along with these school kids stealing your snow, did you research the area before you bought the bungalow :D

(Good idea with the chain btw, not too intrusive but it should put at least some of them off)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom