Trick or Treat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Tis the season everyone! Yes, the season where we bash the kids who run the protection racket... A little candy and our cars will feel healthier...

Anyhow, this year (like every year) we fight back! This year, we take over the world! This year... Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

M.

(P.S. It's sleep deprivation, not drugs - promised! This next part is stolen from another forum)

20 Helpful Ways to Confuse Trick or Treaters

1. Give away something other than candy. (Toothpicks, golf balls, bags of sand, etc.)

2. Wait behind the door until some people come. When they get near the door, jump out, wearing a costume, and holding a bag, and yell, "Trick or Treat!" Look at them, scratch your head, and act confused.

3. Fill a briefcase with marbles and crackers. Write on it, "Top Secret" in big letters. When trick-or-treaters come, look around suspiciously, say, "It's about time you got here," give them the briefcase, and quickly shut the door.

4. Get about 30 people to wait in your living room. When trick-or-treaters come to the door, say, "Come in." When they do, have everyone yell, "Surprise!" Act like it's a surprise party.

5. Get everyone who comes to the door to come in and see if they can figure out what's wrong with your dishwasher. Insist that it makes an unnatural "whirring" sound.

6. After you give them candy, hand the trick-or-treaters a bill.

7. Open the door dressed as a giant fish. Immediately collapse, and don't move or say anything until the trick-or-treaters go away.

8. When you answer the door, hold up one candy bar, throw it out into the street, and yell, "Crawl for it!"

9. When you answer the door, look at the trick-or-treaters, act shocked and scared, and start screaming your head off. Slam the door and run around the house, screaming until they go away.

10. Insist that the trick-or-treaters each do ten push-ups before you give them any candy.

11. Hand out menus to the trick-or-treaters and let them order their candy. Keep asking if anyone wants to see the wine list.

12. Get a catapult. Sit on your porch and catapult pumpkins at anyone who comes within 50 yards of your house.

13. When people come to the door, jump out a nearby window, crashing through the glass, and run as far away from your house as you can.

14. Answer the door dressed as a pilgrim. Stare at the trick-or-treaters for a moment, pretend to be confused, and start flipping through a calendar.

15. Instead of candy, give away coloured eggs. If anyone protests, explain that the eggs are the only thing you had left over from Easter.

16. Answer the door dressed as a dentist. Angrily give the trick-or-treaters a two-hour lecture on tooth decay.

17. Answer the door with a mouthful of M & M's and several half-eaten candy bars in your hands. Act surprised, and close the door. Open it again in a few seconds, and insist that you don't have any candy.

18. Hand out cigarettes and bottles of aspirin.

19. Put a crown on a pumpkin and put the pumpkin on a throne on your porch. Insist that all of the trick-or-treaters bow before the pumpkin.

20. Dress up like a bunny rabbit. Yell and curse from the moment you open the door, and angrily throw the candy at the trick-or-treaters. Slam the door when you're finished.

Happy Halloween everyone!!!!

I detest trick or treat, for a number of reasons. IIRC the police aren't too keen on it either (resident police memebrs please feel free to correct me on this). Thankfully the kids round here are not big on 'trick' but the whole concept is wrong imho. I'm afraid we just put a polite sign on the front door - a sort of ghostbusters 'no entry' saying sorry but this house doesn't do t or t.

Deleted as Unsuitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I live about 2 miles from the nearest village I am fairly safe, but just in case there is Muppet............
IMG_0041.jpg

We are happy with the Trick Or Treat stuff.

Its nice to see a bunch of kids that have made some effort. :bannana:

Not so pleased with the kids who dont dress up and still knock on the door though! :mad:

We do give them sweets though, not money.

Whatever happens - cars will be put inside the garage that night ;) just incase so nasty "tricks" are done.

Derek.

Unfortunately we are out tomorrow evening, our 5 dogs will be going ballistic if kids start banging on the door.

Organized begging, same as choral singers, penny for the guy!

We are happy with the Trick Or Treat stuff.

Its nice to see a bunch of kids that have made some effort. :bannana:

Not so pleased with the kids who dont dress up and still knock on the door though! :mad:

We do give them sweets though, not money.

Whatever happens - cars will be put inside the garage that night ;) just incase so nasty "tricks" are done.

Derek.

I see it exactly the same way! While I don't mind trick-or-treating, I do expect the kids to put some effort... After all, I had to remember to go buy sweets!

No costume? No treat!

What's worse is recently I've noticed kids asking for money a few days before - imho that's just wrong. It's begging plain and simple!

My garage is a little too full to hide even one car, let alone 4... grumble...

My rules are simple; if the kids look under 14 and are dressed up - they get some chocolate/candy. Else, they get nada! (Though I do make exceptions to older kids who take time to dress up... I last went trick-or-treating when I was 18... though my excuse was that I had to babysit my girlfriends little brother :p

M.

I have the perfect treat,
Loads of leaflets called the guide to good manners

we are taking our twins trick or treating (they're 2 and a half)... but only to prearranged neighbours who are up for it. i was pretty cynical about it until you see how much they like dressing up (fireman and cow incidentally) and will probably snaffle 90% of the chocolate before they realise what's happening.

i wouldn't consider it if we hadn't talked to the neighbours, or if the children were over 10 or in fact if we weren't accompanying them. and finally don't think there ever should be a trick at all.

not sure what my two would do anyway if someone said trick!

its a bit like fireworks night - done right its great but hoodlums letting off rockets all day and night is a right pain.

we are taking our twins trick or treating (they're 2 and a half)... but only to prearranged neighbours who are up for it. i was pretty cynical about it until you see how much they like dressing up (fireman and cow incidentally) and will probably snaffle 90% of the chocolate before they realise what's happening.

i wouldn't consider it if we hadn't talked to the neighbours, or if the children were over 10 or in fact if we weren't accompanying them. and finally don't think there ever should be a trick at all.

not sure what my two would do anyway if someone said trick!

its a bit like fireworks night - done right its great but hoodlums letting off rockets all day and night is a right pain.

I fully agree with you!

I used to love dressing up, incidentally as batman until I turned 11... then I did an egyptian mummy for a year (an absolute pain, I used the hundreds of bandages I had lying about as I had just spent 2 years in/out of hospital recovering from a fairly serious injury - the bandages kept unwrapping and I almost tripped on my own costume!). It's part of being a kid!

When I small enough to go trick-or-treating, my parents or "responsible" adult brothers/sisters would accompagny us... always...

In part it's safety for the kids, and in part it's to stop them from doing anything serious...

As for tricks? A good "BOO!" is plenty, kids shouldn't be out for vengeance...

M

I'll be waiting in the dark in the bushes beside the front door wearing my werewolf mask until about 9pm.

It'll be a cold night but oh so worth it. :devil:

I'll be waiting in the dark in the bushes beside the front door wearing my werewolf mask until about 9pm.

It'll be a cold night but oh so worth it. :devil:

I'll be hiding in the dark updatairs pretending nobody is home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom