Trick rust.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So...drive your car into one of those very big skips, fill with vinegar and hey presto. How much is 20,000 litres of vinegar.:bannana::bannana:

So...drive your car into one of those very big skips, fill with vinegar and hey presto. How much is 20,000 litres of vinegar.:bannana::bannana:

£2,800 if you get it from Tesco, £3,400 from Asda! :)

How much car would be left if you soaked a 2001 C class in a skip of vinegar? You might just have a rolling chassis and no bodywork!

Nice one. Might try that on the brake callipers before repainting.

£2,800 if you get it from Tesco, £3,400 from Asda! :)

Ah, but the prices shown are for a 568ml bottle, so you'd have to almost double those totals. Besides, I don't know how old that article is, but Tesco and Asda are now both charging 52p a pop - so you're looking at upwards of £18,000. :D

However, in keeping with the Mercedes-Benz ethos, "the best or nothing", I shall be investing in 20,000 litres of Dodi Riserva di Famiglia Balsamic Vinegar - a snip at just under £2m. :cool:

I bought vinegar to do my BMX frame but never got round to it. I bought cheap Cola at the same time, and tested it on a few bits, as it's supposed to have a similar effect - but it didn't really do a great deal - maybe it has to be proper Coke!! :D

Excellent, but don't forget to neutralise any acidic residues after the spray rinse with a wash in a couple of big spoonfuls of... baking soda!

If you shop around a bit you can often find vinegar on the end-of-isle for about 7p/litre (for some reason they think it has a best-before date).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom