Trickle Charger Connection On My SL320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
I am not using the SL enough at present and need to use a trickle charger which connects to battery + and body earth however the boot of the SL does not offer an obvious earth - can anyone who has dione this advise the best spot for the earth wire please

huh? Why not just connect to the battery earth?

I have a flylead permanently connected to the + and - battery terminals. This ends with a socket (which has a rubber cover) ... and there's a matching plug on the charger lead.

The flylead tucks behind a corner of the trim panel that covers the battery.

There is an official Mercedes kit for this !!, which comes with a nice trickle charger. You end up putting a cigarette lighter like socket in the boot trim on the left which connects to the battery via a fuse

I can't remember that part number, but I did add it to my R129 SL some years ago - I suspect a MB dealer will know the part number and be able to print of the install instructions from WIS, which tell you where to drill the hole in the trim - follow the measurements carefully

R

Richard

huh? Why not just connect to the battery earth?

I thought connecting to battery + and battery - was a no no ?? doesnt it fry an ecu or two ?

I admit its easy to put the croc clips on the batt terms and will do this as long as i dont fry anything

no no thats fine...

im sure your charger will have come with permanent wiring for the battery to which you can just connect up the charger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom