Tricks & Hidden Features

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brunomatost

Car
A200D Premium+ / Diesel / Automatic
Hi All,

I found out a few tricks & hidden features just scrolling through youtube, just wonder if theres any threat with all of this things.

example - clicking twice on the lock remote button to close windows to close & same to open.

Hi All,

I found out a few tricks & hidden features just scrolling through youtube, just wonder if theres any threat with all of this things.

example - clicking twice on the lock remote button to close windows to close & same to open.
That's KillerHERTZ domain. Search YouTube for his clips.

Last edited:
Large thread here:

Hidden or not very well documented "features" on your Mercedes ?

I have 4x videos, each with 5 on them:
KillerHERTZ Mercedes Modifications

Welcome for suggestions for next video, im struggling to get to another 5 :D

in terms of suggesting, if you explain how the auto wipers and auto lighting system works would be perfect.

theres also some sort of auto max lights(the strong lights we use when its pitch black, in my car when i push the left handle back the lights appear with a A (auto) on top and keep switching, I have no clue how it works and im still to find out but I guess it would be useful to know.

Also I was shocked to know that apple car play needs to be connected by cable and technology have not evolved to do it through Bluetooth but hey hoo it is what it is.

Thank You :D

I think the Auto lights thing you are referring to is the Adaptive Headlight system. The lights are basically switched to high beam but as they sense tail lights ahead or headlights coming from the other direction they automatically blank out areas so as to not dazzle other drivers. It is fascinating to watch all this happening as they "dance" all over the place, sometimes they illuminate the verge ahead of the car in front but the area where they would be shining into his rear view mirror is actually blanked out, really clever !

I think the Auto lights thing you are referring to is the Adaptive Headlight system. The lights are basically switched to high beam but as they sense tail lights ahead or headlights coming from the other direction they automatically blank out areas so as to not dazzle other drivers. It is fascinating to watch all this happening as they "dance" all over the place, sometimes they illuminate the verge ahead of the car in front but the area where they would be shining into his rear view mirror is actually blanked out, really clever !

thats very interesting, and yes it sounds like what I was talking about, i tried to use it but I couldnt see much difference and was affraid of blinding someone but if thats the case will research a bit more and give it a try :D thank you for the information

Hi,
Apple Carplay/Android Auto will connect Bluetooth, but the first time it has to be connected via a cable , at least that's my understanding on Command NTG 5.0+

Had a flick through the videos posted and the other thread too...very useful killerhertz!

Shocking with all the toys and extras then you feel short changed because the boot doesn’t remote close...:rolleyes: first world problems I guess lol

Cheers!

Anyone have any more that I haven't already featured for another video?

The Top Tether ISO fix hooks under the covers on the rear parcel shelf (saloon/coupe).....?

Scraping the bottom of the barrel, I know.... :)

The Top Tether ISO fix hooks under the covers on the rear parcel shelf (saloon/coupe).....?

Scraping the bottom of the barrel, I know.... :)

I know some of mine aren't 'hidden' as such, but on my car they have huge lettering "tether point" :D

A long press on the volume roller (centre console or steering wheel) turns traffic announcements on and off.

I'll have to try that out cheers, I thought it only muted.

Just discovered that the door locking button in the drivers door of my w205 has a pip in the middle of the lock button and is smooth on the open button. A neat feature which explained how I always find the open button without having to look. Great attention to detail.
farmerboy

Just discovered that the door locking button in the drivers door of my w205 has a pip in the middle of the lock button and is smooth on the open button. A neat feature which explained how I always find the open button without having to look. Great attention to detail.
farmerboy
It's braille for blind drivers :banana:

A long press on the volume roller (centre console or steering wheel) turns traffic announcements on and off.
A quick double tap during an unwanted TA switches it off & promptly returns you to whatever you were listening to.

farmerboy
When being irritated that the 9 sp. gearbox change mode switch is lost amidst other switches & the M button is flush & almost undetectable unless I take a long look down! I fixed to each a small clear plastic button (sold in hardware shops if such things still exist in your part of the world). Barely noticeable each has the equivalent of a 'pip' & are thus instantly findable without looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom