Tried some of this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rubyred

Car
2017 C Class AMG Line
Bought some of his last week and used it on the car. Not very impressed with it. Used as instructed but it was a bugger to polish off.
It left what looked like water marks so had to wipe over car twice, hard work!
Tried it on my wife’s cars bonnet and it was worse, had to get It off with ordinary polish.
My car as shown came up well but as I say, hard work. Won’t use it again.

Attachments

• FDF4A67C-0D9B-4C04-8786-9C7873F112A6.jpeg
    FDF4A67C-0D9B-4C04-8786-9C7873F112A6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • 8E249319-BE9E-46C9-BC4E-5797CA24341A.jpeg
    8E249319-BE9E-46C9-BC4E-5797CA24341A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • D103946C-21C3-430B-BECC-36B3D86D5840.jpeg
    D103946C-21C3-430B-BECC-36B3D86D5840.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Bought some of his last week and used it on the car. Not very impressed with it. Used as instructed but it was a bugger to polish off.
It left what looked like water marks so had to wipe over car twice, hard work!
Tried it on my wife’s cars bonnet and it was worse, had to get It off with ordinary polish.
My car as shown came up well but as I say, hard work. Won’t use it again.
Hi, you have to use a damp micro cloth once you have gone over the car. This will remove the high spots but will not effect the ceramic protection. I had the same issues with it at first. Now people comment on how good it looks when finished. Also do only one panel at a time and go over the whole car at the end with damp micro fibre cloth.

I tried the same product on my freshly clay'd and machine polished car last weekend,utter waste of my time.
The streaks and marks it left were horrendous.(can just make them out in picture)
20210410_124058.jpg

Thanks for the info, when you see all this stuff on the shelf you do get tempted.

Thanks for the info jsnmac. If I do the car again will do what you suggest.
I really wanted the new ceramic wax that Turtle have bought out, but it’s sold out every where, but being an impatient sort, bought the spray instead. I never learn. But the final finish is very good though.

That’s exactly the mess it left on my wife’s car bonnet, used another wax polish to get rid of it.

Thanks for the info jsnmac. If I do the car again will do what you suggest.
I really wanted the new ceramic wax that Turtle have bought out, but it’s sold out every where, but being an impatient sort, bought the spray instead. I never learn. But the final finish is very good though.
Lovely colour! Hyacinth Red was my second choice (after Diamond White). I've used "Done & Dusted Si Edition" to get a great shine and slickness on my SL. Very easy and quick to apply. Here's a link to my recent thread:

Detail done on SL

Last edited:
Putting too much on, by the way I’m not not sure why they put the word ceramic on it.

You may want to try the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax version....I use it with no issues and it gets good reviews....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for your input chaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom