Trim colour W210 Y2K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian Hunt

Car
2001 W210 E220CDI Elegance, 2004 W168 A160CDI Avantgarde, Renault Trafic camper, Seat Leon project
Hello all, hope you can help.
I've recently lost the jag & taken on my father in law's, low mileage Merc. A w210, 2000, e220cdi in brilliant silver (I believe). Unfortunately he's managed to put a few scrapes on the bumper trim panels, that need sorting asap (especially as he seems to have sprayed undercoat over them :crazy: - even more obvious!).
Anyone have any idea of the official colour or know a match? Could save me loads of time & effort! :)
Many thanks! :)

Go to mercs touch up paint about £10 for 2 stick pack will also have the paint code on.
My silver 2001 W210 is 9744 brilliant silver touch up stick merc part no A 000 986 23 50

Lynall

Thanks Lynall
Yeah I think that's the code for the paintwork. However the inserts on the bumpers look to be different? Any ideas?
I think I need to spray them rather than a simple touch up, especially given the rather liberal application of primer he sprayed over the top. Grrrr!

Im in the same position, the silver cars have a darker greyer coloured trim on the doors and bumpers.

Thanks Shude!

The paint code for "Atlas Grey" is 181, the 7 is only used in conjunction with a pre-painted factory part. No idea why though.

Because it's a grey colour.

1= gold/beige
2= yellow/orange
3= red
4= violane
5= blue
6= green
7= grey
8= brown
9 = silver
0= black

Last edited:
On my car everything is silver, body bumper , bumper inserts well apart from the chrome:) .

Is this std for Avantgarde model?

Lynall

Lynall, correct.

Hey Mark just noticed your sig and the mod disco TD5, just sold mine how do you find the mb in comparison?

Lynall

Quieter, smoother, more room, bags of power with better MPG
Just need to get a few things sorting on it: ARB drop links and bushes, blow by on No.1 Injector, a couple of areas of rust and stone chips.
got to get a towbar fitted,but can wait till next year as wont need to tow caravan till March earliest.

All in all I absolutely love it, should have done it sooner :) how about you ?

I miss the block heater and the heated windscreen, mpg 10% less but petrol 17% cheaper:).

0-60 time now halved:bannana:

Some ways i wish i had kept it but was fed up with the constant maintenance:rolleyes:

But on the other hand it didnt rust away before your eyes like the mb:D

Lynall

My disco was averaging about 22-23mpg, but now I'm getting 38mpg whilst driving upto Sheffield for work, si very happy about that :bannana:

know what you mean about the maintenance - mine would have an occasional starting issue - was an injector leaking - but not all the time :crazy:

No such thing as rust on a Disco, until you look underneath :D

My decision on a merc was based on the following factors:

Had to have a towing capacity of at least 2000kg
large boot space for dog and/or stuff when going away with the 'van
good on fuel
reliable, low maintenance.

Didn't want another 4x4, so was down to a BMW 530d touring or a E320CDi Estate. The BMW just didn't seem to have any character and also needed to be a manual to get the mpg, but could fine a good one with leather as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom