Trim removal prior to tidying bodywork.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
I have some rust on a door skin above the beltline trim and some on the offside rear arch leading edge which I would like to banish. In order to do the job properly, these two trims must be removed. Is this a matter of unclipping or are they stuck on?
If the latter, I usually use Dental floss to cut through the trim tape, using white spirit as a lubricant but I would rather know before i break something.
Thanks for any advice.

tron said:
I have some rust on a door skin above the beltline trim and some on the offside rear arch leading edge which I would like to banish. In order to do the job properly, these two trims must be removed. Is this a matter of unclipping or are they stuck on? If the latter, I usually use Dental floss to cut through the trim tape, using white spirit as a lubricant but I would rather know before i break something. Thanks for any advice.

What car is this on?

Many of the Mercedes door trims / rubbing strips do indeed have clip fittings.

Do you mean the 2 small trim pieces before the rear arches on a w202?

From the side facing the front of the car, prise outwoods with a trim removal tool, then you unhook them.

Doh! I have't told you the model! It is an S202 so the trim forward of the arch is clipped on, Thanks Killerhertz, the one on the passenger door needs to be removed as well. Same technique?

it's clipped on it it shouldn't be hard to move

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom