trim strip colour match - silver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSmart

Can anyone recommend a touch up spray (ie from Halfords) that matches the darker silver body work strips on a silver E class w210 - these strips are obviosly there to take those parking / wall interface situations.

Also, what could be used for filler for the tiny quantities, resulting from these scratches.

Can any one guess from above what my darling wife has been up to on the weekend!!!

Paul

my car e220 coupe 1995 is brilliant silver code 744 The darker coloured plastic sections- bumpers and flank protection lower panels etc are "Atlas Grey" code 7181. price of 2 pack-1colour/1 clear laquer spray cans was £12 from MB and was a very good match. The 2 can pack of brilliant silver I ordered later was not a good match unfortunately. dont know if this applies to your later model????

grober said:
my car e220 coupe 1995 is brilliant silver code 744 The darker coloured plastic sections- bumpers and flank protection lower panels etc are "Atlas Grey" code 7181.
The paint code for "Atlas Grey" is 181, the 7 is only used in conjunction with a pre-painted factory part. No idea why though.

paint code correction

Thanks Shude should have twigged that. :eek: one of the many mysteries of the MB Mindset :confused: :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom