Trip down memory lane!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
I love these old Top Gears and this one from '83 is a peach!

Look out for a test of the then new MB 190 (19.08), the birth of speed cameras, the Austin Meastro (my dad had one :eek:), concept of Saab convertible and just 30 year old nostalgia. Bring on Clarkson! :D

[YOUTUBE]ooI-EQIDouA[/YOUTUBE]

Must watch that later. I had a Maestro ... pretty good car for the time. Had a digital dash which spoke out info. from the trip computer! There was a story about a road test journalist rolling one into a ditch, and while he was hanging upside down from the seatbelt the car gravely announced "warning - low oil pressure" :D

The testing on the 190 is amazing. I wonder if similar efforts are put into new Mercedes models.

From the horror stories you read here on new ones, I doubt it.... :D

If i was a braver man, I'd love a 190 Cossie..... great cars!

Not a power slid in sight. great video. Have to agree it was a tad dull. Some shots were held waaay too long.

The testing on the 190 is amazing. I wonder if similar efforts are put into new Mercedes models.

More so I imagine. However the biggest difference today will be the amount of computer simulation done before prototype testing begins.

Brings back memories that!

I had a MG Maestro and a Rover 3500 Vitesse when I was young between the ages of 19 and 24.

Moved on to a Honda Prelude and then a Sierra 4x4 2.9i (Still one of the best cars for fun I've ever owned!) :D

You'd have no chance of insuring the equivalent performance cars of today at that age! :eek:

Last edited:
....... but wasn't it dull?

I will never complain about the current format again.

Not for me. The first 4 four minutes were more interesting than a season of modern Top Gear :rolleyes:.

Sad fact, but the guy in the picture is the Dad of the lead singer from Supergrass (Daz?)

Strange how my memory retains these facts, but spousal birthdays and anniversaries remain a problem!

A guy on a pushbike and an Opel with a razor behind a clock???

Really.................. :confused:

For a minute there, I thought I was watching that episode of the Simpsons where Homer designs a car for his Brother, Herb. :eek:

On a more depressing note: Most people featured on the show will be dead now...

Last edited:
God that was hard work - not sure how I ever got through 30 minutes of that before. Had to cut my wrists at 5 minutes in.

I think Sue Baker digresses at 04:24...

:D

A guy on a pushbike and an Opel with a razor behind a clock???

And the drag coefficient of the Opel design concept was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom