Trip to Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rashman

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK
So, with our Germany trip commencing in just under 24hrs, I thought I would execute a dressed rehearsal :rolleyes:

I figured it was the only way to get my body clock used to the idea of getting up at 2.30am tomorrow morning. lol :crazy:

Seems stupid at the moment, but tomorrow we'll be getting up at stupid o'clock and driving 9hrs.. which may well include a lap of the Nurburgring too!

Looking forward to the trip and I will make sure we take lots of pictures to share.

Now... where's the damn coffee...... ZzZzZzZzZz

Last edited:
Hi Rash..

Errr you do realize they get rain in Germany don't you?
Not to mention here....
It sounds a great trip mate and I wish I was going..
Have a great time..
Oh and say Hi to Sasha Peukert if you see him (My engine builder)..

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi Rash..

Errr you do realize they get rain in Germany don't you?
Not to mention here....
It sounds a great trip mate and I wish I was going..
Have a great time..
Oh and say Hi to Sasha Peukert if you see him (My engine builder)..

lol
Yes, thank you, I'm aware they get rain in Europe :rolleyes::D
My weather skills have been put to the test with this trip.
I think I've got it sussed though ;)
Ironically (or not!), we should have good weather for the duration of the trip (dry, at least) and then we're going to return to the uk on Monday.... to rain! :wallbash:
Monumental clean-up mission on Tuesday by the looks of it :doh:

I'll say hi to your engine builder if I see him! lol
I'll try and track mine down too :rock:

Enjoy the trip!

I'll take pics!

Rash who's car are you using at the ring?????

Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but mine actually! :crazy::D
I will only do a lap if it's dry though.
I'm not alone on this condition either.
We don't want chaos 5 hours into the trip! lol

Ferry or tunnel Rash?

If ferry, be prepared for the anxious scale to go through the roof during parking:crazy:.

Safe trip.

Ferry or tunnel Rash?

If ferry, be prepared for the anxious scale to go through the roof during parking:crazy:.

Safe trip.

If tunnel...narrow lanes with metal kerbs inside the train, especially when passing the toilets.

Enjoy the trip.

Ferry or tunnel Rash?

Safe trip.

Hey John :thumb:
We're doing the train.
I did the ferry to le man a few years back with my old CLK.
Didn't like it.
Salt air, grubby parking and having to trust the people around you put their hand brakes on! :crazy:

If tunnel...narrow lanes with metal kerbs inside the train, especially when passing the toilets.

Enjoy the trip.

Hey bud :thumb:
Yes, I been briefed about the train :crazy:
We'll be insisting on the larger carriage when we get there.
I ain't moving my car until they agree! lol
Joking aside, I'm not really looking forward to the train.
Who the hell in their right mind thought if was a good idea to put curbs in a train?! :wallbash:

Don't forget the Snickers Rash - and essential part of any European road trip!

;)

Take your rain cover to protect your car from overnight condensation!!

And smelling salts to keep yourself awake on the drive!! :bannana::thumb:

And ENJOY :D:D

Don't forget the Snickers Rash - and essential part of any European road trip!

;)

lol
Packed and ready :rock:

Take your rain cover to protect your car from overnight condensation!!

And smelling salts to keep yourself awake on the drive!! :bannana::thumb:

And ENJOY :D:D

Rain cover indeed :rolleyes:
We've arranged locked garages at the hotel for the beasts :rock:

Sugar...coffee.... and sugar will have to do instead of smelling salts :D

Don't worry Rashman you won't get any rain, an expected volcanic ash cloud from Iceland is expected to stop it!

On a serious note have a great trip

We've arranged locked garages at the hotel for the beasts :rock:

What? None of you mothers mentioned this to me! I give you tips about the train and you expect me to park my Beemer outside?

I am going to block the garage and go to a beer hall!

Swines...

What? None of you mothers mentioned this to me! I give you tips about the train and you expect me to park my Beemer outside?

I am going to block the garage and go to a beer hall!

Swines...

lol

Er... I mean... Er... No, we haven't got garages.
Ignore me.. I've had 3 hrs sleep and got up at 3am.
I'm tripping. Don't know what I'm saying....

Oopsie

I really enjoyed my first trip to Germany in my then Porsche. Flat out at 164mph the flies hit the car and rather than splat they vaporised over a large area. Within 30 minutes of a really fast run I had to stop and clean the windscreen as the wipers couldn't cope with the sheer thickness of insect material, and difficult it was to clear too.

I really enjoyed my first trip to Germany in my then Porsche. Flat out at 164mph the flies hit the car and rather than splat they vaporised over a large area. Within 30 minutes of a really fast run I had to stop and clean the windscreen as the wipers couldn't cope with the sheer thickness of insect material, and difficult it was to clear too.

:crazy:

Rash will have a coronary !

I did recall reading in Car Magazine many years ago their account of driving a Porsche turbo flat out from Alice Springs to Darwin as the road was then unrestricted. Two things linger in my memory, the first being that they had to stop so regularly for fuel, a Toyota Landcruiser diesel kept pretty much the same average pace as it could just rumble on, and that such were the number of insects hitting the car at speed, plus dirt and stones, the car needed a total respray on arrival.

Thanks for the heads-up.
65mph, it is then.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom