Trip to Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rashman said:
It's too early for this sh#t.....
rash car safe and sound and away fro the kerb!!:banana:

Last edited:
oldmedic999 said:
If you can get your tyres in Germany. Much cheaper then in UK.
rash get me couple of rears because the roads here in South France are killing mines!!:D

Very Quite Rash how was the trip ?

Has he actually returned and if so what is the condition of his car? We need to be told!

He's back - he is in a dark place. It rained and AMG found a fault with his engine.

On a plus, he is happier than he looked on the Sunday morning after no sleep for 24hrs and a bottle of Jack Daniels!

He will be busy cleaning the car for some time, I will try and get a few pics up as I did not join in the journey I am sure Rash has some better ones.

S

I hope they fixed it !!

He's back - he is in a dark place. It rained and AMG found a fault with his engine.

On a plus, he is happier than he looked on the Sunday morning after no sleep for 24hrs and a bottle of Jack Daniels!

He will be busy cleaning the car for some time, I will try and get a few pics up as I did not join in the journey I am sure Rash has some better ones.

S

You were there to take pictures but didn't do the trip - how did that work!? :crazy:

It certainly rained last night - we are near Stuttgart at the moment :)

The ring was closed to the public the day they went and was raining!!!

We all had a great trip:thumb:

I think we were all pretty knackered by the end of it as we set off very early Saturday morning (2.30am for me) and got home late Monday night (12.30am for me). I was really looking forward to the drive both there and back but we had some pretty bad driving weather as it was pi*sing down for a good while on both journeys. The roads were also busy so we didn't really get much of a chance to open the cars up as much as we would have liked:(

The driving was still good fun, if sometimes a bit tense especially in the bad conditions and all the bloody roadworks in Germany:eek: The roadworks make the lanes very narrow and I nearly got taken out by a coach, I'm still not sure how he didn't squash me into the barrier there must have only been a few mm's each side:mad:

The journeys also weren't without event as we got a bit split up a few times and a certain chap seemed to like going a different route to the rest (I won't mention names:D). There was also a brief encounter with the police in Germany but it seems they were just interested in The_Don's C63 black, well who wouldn't be, I sat behind it for a good chunk of the journey and it just looks and sounds great:thumb:

We took a detour to the ring which was great to see, but weather was bad when we were there, but we still got to experience it as there was some racing going on. We were hoping to get a drive around it, but it was closed to the public and to be honest I think I would have bottled it anyway with the conditions:crazy:

We visited the Mercedes and Porsche museums, which were both definitely worth seeing. There were some wonderful motors on show but for me oddly the star of them all was a one off high speed transporter that was specially built to carry a race car (1955 Mercedes-Benz Rennwagen Schnelltransporter).

The AMG factory tour was great and our guide spent far longer with us than both he and we expected. The guide took pictures of our engine builder name plaques to see if they were still there. 2 of them were still working there, but 1 was on holiday. The_Don's C63 black builder was there and he came and met us and had some pics taken. It turns out he was entrusted to build the majority of the black series engines so obviously a top boy. Unfortunately my builder relocated to Bremmen 3 years ago and works for MB, so I didn't get a chance to meet him.

We ended up being about 1.5hrs late for our train home, but that was mainly due to a bad accident on the autobahn, then bad weather and hitting traffic jams around Brussels.

All our cars were running well without hickup, although Rash's satnav seemed to think he was somewhere in England:dk: On the few short blasts we had, my old bus was pulling as hard at 150mph as it was at 100mph, I just wish the conditions would have allowed to open it up properly. My car didn't escape unscathed though as the front bumper is totally obliterated with stone chips:doh: I think this was mainly as we left some services on the autobahn on the way home, I was at the back of the convoy and we hit a new stretch of road at speed and got totally battered with new chippings. I gave the car a thorough clean up yesterday and other than the stone chips it came up lovely. Oh well can't be helped, but will definitely need a repaint:wallbash:

We all had a great time and a good social. I will post some pics when I've gone through them all, but here's a little teaser when on the rare occasion a certain chap was actually with us:D

Last edited:
sjmaxwell said:
Great write up. :thumb: wasnt there a small issue found with Rash's engine as well!?

Yep, they located a speck of dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom