Trip to Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok, few pictures.
Forum won't let me upload them all so I have selected a few.

All present and correct when we get off the train in France..

Last edited:
During the drive from France to the Ring, we lost one of the troop.
Can you work out who is missing?.... :doh::D

Last edited:
We arrive at the hotel and are given the key fob for the secure parking area.

We drive down a slope.
Push the button on the fob.
Entrance door opens.. lights come on.
We turn left and are presented with a large underground parking area littered with F12'2, 458's, SLR's, 430's, Maserati's and many many more :eek: :rock:

We park.. and feast our eyes :cool:

It was safe to say that our cars would be cosy for the night :D

Last edited:
Mercedes Museum..
A very VERY impressive place.
From the top down, you follow a path that takes you through the ages.

Won't be able to get half the pictures posted up but here are a few.

:thumb:

Last edited:
While the boys with lesser cars had to be parked away underground out of sight, I was given the 'Legendenhalle' showroom to park my car in:D:bannana:

Appropriately named place for my my car to be parked in I reckon.
Full height glazing front and rear and polished concrete floor:thumb:

Attachments

• 2014-08-24 10.09.01.jpg
    2014-08-24 10.09.01.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Simon has many questions about #425 while we wait for Ricky....

That #425 is slick Rash, I give you that and I know you use it for all areas including as I understand your own personal grooming:eek:
But........... have you tried the Mitchell & King QD spray, now that stuff is slick, expensive yes, but really slick:thumb::D

That #425 is slick Rash, I give you that and I know you use it for all areas including as I understand your own personal grooming:eek:
But........... have you tried the Mitchell & King QD spray, now that stuff is slick, expensive yes, but really slick:thumb::D

lol

I even give my cat a spray with the #425.
She's the slickest cat on the block :rock::D

Haven't tried the Mitchell & King.. I'll check it out.

:thumb:

Good writeup & pics guys.

We came back today, 11 hour trip from Leonberg (just the other side of Stuttgart). I'm knackered ;)

Those German roadworks were fun ... the 'outside' lane restriction varies from 2m to 2.2m wide, and the Vito is 1.9m excluding the mirrors :D Funnily enough trucks were easier to pass than cars ... the cars tended to hug the line more.

We were parked alongside a silver SLR at Eurotunnel Calais, which was nice!

I took my car over to Ed at Divine Detail last Friday before our trip for a quick freshen up which we both did together so I picked up a few tips.

Obviously he has lots of products he uses and we tried various things. The Mitchell & King QD was ultra slick! So much better than the britemax spray I had been using. He didn't have the #425 to compare but has used it in the past, but it seems the Mitchell & King is one of his favourites. It will be my next purchase I reckon, relatively expensive but good:thumb:

Wow, this sounds like a great trip - I love a European road trip so this would have been right up my street....had I not been on holiday :doh:

Volker, the guy who liaised with myself and the workshop guys was very helpful.. even of he did look scary as hell! :eek::D

Ha - I told you....he's looks a very stern German doesn't he! :D

Nice to see that the engine builders exist - despite the forum disbelievers :rolleyes:.

Really?? Do some people actually believe it's not true? :rolleyes:

My builder was not there, but he is still working there.
He is now working in the prototypes section.

You engine was built so long ago I'm surprised your builder hasn't retired :p

Palmball's SLS!

We saw Andy's SLS sitting in the design studio, presumably await to undergo some of Andy's very particular requests :rolleyes:

I'm surprised it was in one piece - I have a story to tell on this and why I'm not getting it back for another 2 weeks :(

But I'm expecting it's all for the best so my update is going to have to wait just a little bit longer until I know for sure what's being done to it :D

I'd actually just booked it in for the drivers seat and steering wheel to be re-trimmed (the wheel will be lovely I hope), the new style gear lever fitted, retrofit of integrated garage door opener, new sat nav screen (as I'd accidentally scratched it) and the SLS GT TCU upgrade. But a lot more is being done.......

Wow, this sounds like a great trip - I love a European road trip so this would have been right up my street....had I not been on holiday :doh:

Ha - I told you....he's looks a very stern German doesn't he! :D

You engine was built so long ago I'm surprised your builder hasn't retired :p

I'm surprised it was in one piece - I have a story to tell on this and why I'm not getting it back for another 2 weeks :(

But I'm expecting it's all for the best so my update is going to have to wait just a little bit longer until I know for sure what's being done to it :D

I'd actually just booked it in for the drivers seat and steering wheel to be re-trimmed (the wheel will be lovely I hope), the new style gear lever fitted, retrofit of integrated garage door opener, new sat nav screen (as I'd accidentally scratched it) and the SLS GT TCU upgrade. But a lot more is being done.......

Would have been great to have you with us.
I'm sure we'll be making it a regular thing.
I know I'd like to.

lol!
Yes, Volker was proper scary looking! :crazy::D
But a really helpful chap :thumb:

Oi!!
I have you know, mine is old school M156!
None of this composite plastic head crap that they are knocking out these days :rolleyes::D
The original M156 :rock:

I look forward to hearing all about your car's work :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom