Trip to Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
haha, never try to ask advice about a fan belt for an SD1 to the snot nosed 16 year old behind the counter.

lol

much fun i had and also when i went back after he gave me the wrong one. i eventually "took a punt" on another sized item after doing my own research and it fitted - just!

Halfords...

...Hellfords...

...HellFrauds.

Retail is a bit crap but so are many of their customers.

I was in Homebase this afternoon, put a pound coin in the trolley and set off for the garden centre bit. My Mrs, being a born shopper, quickly got distracted by the garden furniture and insisted that I have a look at a table and chairs (like 2 sets aren't enough already!).
Eventually persuaded her back to trolley - gone! With my Quid!

I sulked off to the garden centre, Mrs went to customer services who just shrugged their shoulders - another quid for another trolley and mission completed.

So, 1 thieving tosser and staff who couldn't give a toss - they deserve each other.

If they're going to be funny about exchanging/swopping without a receipt, then just buy another new item of the same, keeping the receipt this time, then return the faulty item with that receipt to get your money back.

Technically, that's fraud, though...

And if they were only prepared to exchange the faulty one, you'd be lumbered with two.

...If they're going to be funny about exchanging/swopping without a receipt, then just buy another new item of the same, keeping the receipt this time, then return the faulty item with that receipt to get your money back.

Technically, that's fraud, though...

And if they were only prepared to exchange the faulty one, you'd be lumbered with two.

Hmmm. Tempting as it may be, not sure the wife would be impressed with me storing car batteries in our flat... :D

We ordered a car Bluetooth/iPod thingy for HID's car, reserved online and got to store to find the one they had was the one fitted to the wall for testing etc

They did give us a tenner for a wasted journey :thumb:

Well I had a great experience at Halfords yesterday. Having discovered a broken locking pin on a 3/8 drive extension I took it back to halfords along with 2 other extensions that were part of the set, and even though I had no receipt they took a whole brand new set off the display and did a stright swap with no questions asked.

One of the best customer service experiences I've had in a long while.

It seems returning something without a receipt at Halfords is actually easier than trying to buy something with legal tender at a Mercedes dealership.

I've had issues trying to buy simple stuff like oil & wax at Halfords. Easy in theory, but when there are no staff willing or able to use the tills it can be tricky. After queing for a while with other shoppers, two giving up and leaving, I wandered and found the 'manager'. He said one of the girls would be with me soon. I gave up after a while and left my stuff on the counter. I got it from a motor factors shop on my way home. Same stuff, slightly cheaper too.

Quick email to Halfords HQ got respnses from a few people including area manager. I said when and where and got a reply from him week later with apologies. Dunno if anyone's ass was kicked, but if I were him, there'd be some sore butts after losing at least three customers that afternoon.

i've found most items stocked by Halfords are available elswhere (online) if you have time to surf and can wait for delivery. RE: battreries; I had cause to reject 2 from ECP which they exchanged without hassle.
j2

Last edited:
I only ever shop at Halfrauds if desperate. The Oldham store has had "skeleton" staffing levels since it opened about 20 years ago. You can stand at the till all day and you're lucky if someone appears. Walked out many a time leaving stuff on the counter.

Have complained via their "online survey" a couple of times but get no response or even acknowledgement that they've received my comments.

Worst customer service ever - and I drive an Alfa (Alfa CS has been quite good actually!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom