Trip to scrappy tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Tomorrow im off to my 'local' scrap yard.

This is the 1st time ive been to one, I understand all the cars have a number on them and you find a part and say its out of number 16 etc.

Do they help you remove stuff etc? any other advice?

Cheers

Varies.

Some still let you clamber around the cars DIY fashion, some will let you nowhere near, with all parts already stripped and catalogued.

Keep a look out for any Smart cars, preferably not accident damaged, can't imagine a Smart being much good after a bump. :crazy:

I know they have a white Facelift 202, so hopefully it will have something of any use :)

Well, off I went with high hopes, got there and it was deserted, so off to the porta-cabin I went.

Inside there were 6 blokes eating giving me evils, the 'boss' one goes 'what'd you want?'

I replied asking about any C-Class, and I asked if I could have a look around.

He replied with 'We might have & No you cant look around, and the boys are eatin, you gonna have to wait for them'

Well, I wasnt expecting great customer service, but I quickly left and wont be returning again.

Yes most scrappies are the same... I would have just sat in the cabin with them until they got bored of looking at me.... Ive had to do it many a time to get bits for my 123...
I was at this place in birmingham years ago, asked him if he had some trims etc for my 123. The guy said no mate, dont keep them. I could see 3 cars that were obviously being striped with the stuff i wanted, and also boxes full of 123 trims, switches etc. So i stood there for about 5 mins, then he looked at me and said, my sons in the office, take him with you and get what you want and makesure my son knows what youve taken... In the end he charged my £30 for loads of bits and pieces and i have returned again a few times. Always has the stuff i need.

Basically, they get too much stuff pocketed and they make a lot more by sending mail order, most dont like you turning up on the doorstep...And they have bad attitudes. (V12 apart!)

Jay

Christ :eek: Never come across anyone like that before,The ones I go too are always polite and let you browse at yor own pace,and have good prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom