Triple QX Engine Oil - Buy 2 Get 2 Free!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EuroCarParts

Authorised Forum Sponsor
Car
European
As a special offer to our FACEBOOK and FORUM FRIENDS we have launched a special Oil Promotion, Offering you 4 for the price of 2 on our most popular Triple QX oils! – These prices also bring them in line with our popular 20ltr drums (however we can actually deliver these :) )

TQX442.jpg

Triple QX 10w40 Semi Syn 5ltr – Works out to £1.99 per litre
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/10w40-engine-oil/?521776011&0&1&cc5_245

Triple QX 5w30 Semi Syn – Works out to £2.39 per litre
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/5w30-engine-oil/?521776021&0&cc5_247

Triple QX 5w30 Fully Syn - Works out to £4.49 per litre
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/5w30-engine-oil/?521776091&0&cc5_247

Triple QX 5w40 Fully Syn – Works out to £3.09 per litre
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/5w40-engine-oil/?521776081&0&cc5_248

Available for Home Delivery OR Click and Collect from your local store...

I understand Triple QX is a new ECP brand but without knowing a little more about it, I'd be somewhat reluctant to try it in my pride and joy regardless what the claims are on the side of the tin.

I cant seem to find much about it, who makes it etc. Care to share?

I think its made by Tetrosyl?

Meets all the MB specs too.

I'm sure on a prestige forum there may be doubts, However the Triple QX range (oils, coolants and maintenance products) has been getting brilliant reviews from forum members, and independent testers alike!

Spec wise, the Triple QX range is very high, when compared like for like most Triple QX products are of higher specs than Carlube etc - Feel free to have a look online, infact I believe the 5w40 PD is actually APPROVED by VW (i'll double check with the Lubricant team if its that one or not)

I'm sure on a prestige forum there may be doubts, However the Triple QX range (oils, coolants and maintenance products) has been getting brilliant reviews from forum members, and independent testers alike!

Spec wise, the Triple QX range is very high, when compared like for like most Triple QX products are of higher specs than Carlube etc - Feel free to have a look online, infact I believe the 5w40 PD is actually APPROVED by VW (i'll double check with the Lubricant team if its that one or not)

It has to be rebranded someone else's oil. Why not just tell us who makes it?

Nope, not re branded - its produced by one of Europes largest oil suppliers for us under our exclusive Triple QX brand!:thumb:

So you own ''one of Europes largest oil suppliers'' or you rebrand ''one of Europes largest oil suppliers'' products. Which?

So you own ''one of Europes largest oil suppliers'' or you rebrand ''one of Europes largest oil suppliers'' products. Which?

Ok Bellow - Your right in that respect its made for us under our brand - however its not Tetrosyl or any other brand 're-branded'

Sorry for the confusion :)

If those prices remain I'll certainly be interested in the future.

The Prices will remain, however the Buy 2 get 2 free is for a limited time only (see the image above!) :rock:

Sorry, I meant the discounted price. :) (greedy customer wanting more!)

The reason why I say that is that I can currently buy 10L of GM 5W-30 fully synth oil for £40 that meets the spec I need.

Ok Bellow - Your right in that respect its made for us under our brand - however its not Tetrosyl or any other brand 're-branded'

Sorry for the confusion :)

Thats odd, having compared the writing on the Carlube site for the comparable Triple QX oil, the wording is identical. You also say one of Europes largest oil suppliers but your web page says UK (same as Tetrosyl). Why the subterfuge?

For all we know this is some cheap mineral oil sourced in China with a label "saying" it is 229.51 spec.

I would have thought that it is in your interest to come clean about who makes this oil so the spec can be confirmed. :confused:

But the product is not exclusive to you and therefor can be found elsewhere sold as different brands. So what are those brands?

Thats odd, having compared the writing on the Carlube site for the comparable Triple QX oil, the wording is identical. You also say one of Europes largest oil suppliers but your web page says UK (same as Tetrosyl). Why the subterfuge?

For all we know this is some cheap mineral oil sourced in China with a label "saying" it is 229.51 spec.

I would have thought that it is in your interest to come clean about who makes this oil so the spec can be confirmed. :confused:

Hi Spike,

To tell you the truth I don't know the manufacturer - as you can guess this is deal with by the Lubricant team, and the purchasing team - However i know that we no longer deal with Tetrosyl, so that should settle one question! :rolleyes:

With over 50 forums, nobody has jumped to the conclusion that we would purchase 'cheap chinese non-branded oil' and sell it under our brand.' Why? :confused:

We are very proud of the Triple QX brand and quality - its been proven, tested and is our fastest growing ranges! - If you are that worried, please buy one of our other 6 oil brands

As for the manufacturer as a GUESS I assume the product team, don't want any competitors to know our suppliers (as you know there are a few large UK oil based companies who we have ditched to find a better quality supplier)

If you want to know anything else, i'm extremely open, but a public thread on the forum isn't the place - Drop me a PM!

Pat

With over 50 forums, nobody has jumped to the conclusion that we would purchase 'cheap chinese non-branded oil' and sell it under our brand.' Why? :confused:

Pat

I have not jumped to any conclusion. I simply stated that for all I know it could be cheap junk. Other forums have made similar noises too.

In actual fact, I've been searching other forums to get an answer on this and pretty much all of them are asking the same question as me... Who makes this oil?. It appears that you are not forthcoming with the answer despite claiming to be open and forthcoming.

The fact that you care unwilling to give a straight answer on this, not just here but all over the internet strikes me as a rather odd way of marketing a new product.

Ah well. :wallbash:

Last edited:
New?!!! API CF is a spec from 1993. Old enough to have pubic hair.

The product being Triple QX....

Put it this way. What we have here is an unheard of brand of oil with no providence to its accreditation claims. I cannot go to their website and download the respective oil analysis data sheet or see for myself that it is indeed what it says on the label.

So here I am (like many others on other forums) asking the seller of said product for some more information so I can actually check the facts and the seller becomes shifty, claims to not know who makes it or where is comes from, has made no attempt to address the concerns or provide any proof of the quality of the product and alleviate concerns.

Strikes me as a little odd.

If ECP want to protect their supply then fine, they should get a sole trader agreement with the distributors, don't attempt to bedazle customers with secrets and subterfuge.

Spike -

I do get a bit upset at this - I AM very helpful, but lets see what your asking....

Your asking, a member of the Web Team - who supplies a product - now i've asked the question to the product team, I've told you who we DONT buy it from - what do you want me to do make up answers?

infact, why don't you - please send an email to [email protected] - they will also pass it on to the product team :confused:

Im simply passing on the offers - If there are any questions i answer them - if not then i cant. *deja vous* :wallbash:

Patrick

The same question has been asked of you way back in February on one of the BMW forums.

This should be ample time to respond to customer feedback surely?

If I buy a part for my car, I can openup the box and see the quality of manufacture with my own eyes and decide whether I think it is up to scratch or whether it should be returned.

With oil, I dont have this luxury as I cannot tell what it is simply by looking at it. All one can do is verify the maker is reputable and check that it has indeed passed the necessary accreditations.

Never in my life have I seen an oil sold in the UK lacking in any cooberative information. Why are ECP so reluctant to provide this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom