tripped out gatso

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shilzo

Car
1996 W202 C200
i was just flashed by a gatso that was on the other side of the road i wasnt speeding and all the camera would have got is a picture of some clear strech of road with an unobstructed view of the calibration lines. Is this normal? Or is the camera just in need of repair?

Exactly the same thing happened to me about 3 months ago. It was the Gatso on the north side of the A21 on Bromley Common. I was so shocked that I turned round and went through it again, but it didnt happen the second time.
I was wondering whether I imagined the flash..............:confused:

Are you sure you were "flashed" or was it your headlights reflecting of the lense?

No. I was flashed. 101% SURE.
And, as with shilzo, there were no other cars around to trigger it - in either direction. :eek:

On one journey on the a68 i got double flashed twice on the same journey by the same gatso, once on the way down, once on the way back facing on to the gatso. the other cars on the road were flashed twice as well. I was doing 45 in a 60 limit so i wasn`t too concerned. never heard anything about it. It could have been dangerous as the car behind me slammed on the brakes as soon as the flash went off despite him doing roughly the same speed as me (there was an artic a few cars ahead so there was a few cars in a row)
it must have been gubbed. I wonder how many people have recieved NIPs from faulty gatsos and not challenged them.

If you are adamant that there were NO other vehicles involved then have you wrote a letter to the relevant authority? I suggest writing a formal letter as this will always get a response. It is in everyone's best interest that you contact the relevant people even if it is just to get the equipment checked out.

Regards
John

maybe the Gasto just liked the Look of your Merc

This is a problem I have here on Tenerife a lot of the girls like to Flash at me...:(

Could have been a side lobe from the radar that picked you up

Gatso on the other side of the road can be made to flash, I think that you will find that when they do that, they only flash once, and no picture is taken

i was just flashed by a gatso that was on the other side of the road i wasnt speeding and all the camera would have got is a picture of some clear strech of road with an unobstructed view of the calibration lines. Is this normal? Or is the camera just in need of repair?

The system can be triggered by any number of things - a typical example being the rotating vents on the top of vans, and sometimes the fan, even behind the front grill of a car.

None are particular problems in that the picture shows the corroborative evidence (time and distance travelled) so nothing happens in terms of action being taken.

You could ask the camera operator under the Freedom of Information Act what proportion of pictures are not acted on.

:)

Gatso on the other side of the road can be made to flash, I think that you will find that when they do that, they only flash once, and no picture is taken

It did only flash the once.........and I have never heard anything. I am unsure as to the speed I was doing, but it MAY have been a LITTLE over the limit - HONEST.

The system can be triggered by any number of things - a typical example being the rotating vents on the top of vans, and sometimes the fan, even behind the front grill of a car.

None are particular problems in that the picture shows the corroborative evidence (time and distance travelled) so nothing happens in terms of action being taken.

You could ask the camera operator under the Freedom of Information Act what proportion of pictures are not acted on.

Its beginning to sound to me like Gatso's arent 100% reliable given the last post.

Its beginning to sound to me like Gatso's arent 100% reliable given the last post.

Speeding is an offence that required corroboration, the trigger mechanism in this case finds something within its range that is travelling above the trigger speed and so a picture is taken.

The corroboration is provided by checking the picture manually - and in this case it would show no offence having been committed.

The gatso would appear to be working exactly as intended :eek:

:D

I've had one flash on the other side of the road, must admit I was doing more than 30 (3am road was empty) was doing about 40. Never heard anything about it. As far as I understand you cannot be caught speeding on the opposite side of the road by these current road side gatso's as they take a picture of your face, remember reading about it, how it broke some european law.

I've had one flash on the other side of the road, must admit I was doing more than 30 (3am road was empty) was doing about 40. Never heard anything about it. As far as I understand you cannot be caught speeding on the opposite side of the road by these current road side gatso's as they take a picture of your face, remember reading about it, how it broke some european law.

Not true.

If there are markings in both directions, it can provide evidence.

Truvelo take pictures of the front of the vehicle anyway (bad news if you stole it ;) ).

What makes the one flash on the other side of the road is that cars start to speed up at this point as they are often leaving the set limit zone.

We have a set near me,if you drive past the one on the other side of the road considerably faster than the limit, it will flash once scaring the poor guy going in the opposite direction to death

:devil: Was it in the fiction section? :) :)

Sorry about that but I think it a great idea to take a picture of the driver as well as the number plate.

I wonder how long it will be before we will be claiming it is a genetically cloned face, or the police have 'Photoshopped' the image? :devil: :)

John

Not true.

If there are markings in both directions, it can provide evidence.

Truvelo take pictures of the front of the vehicle anyway (bad news if you stole it ;) ).

The gatso's up here must just have markings on one side of the road as Ive never heard anything from the "few" times its happened to me :eek:

The truvelo cameras are just evil ;)

:devil: Was it in the fiction section? :) :)

Sorry about that but I think it a great idea to take a picture of the driver as well as the number plate.

I wonder how long it will be before we will be claiming it is a genetically cloned face, or the police have 'Photoshopped' the image? :devil: :)

John

Time to buy shares in Burkahs & false beards?:)

John

Or drive through in a stolen car with George W Bush masks on...

(Hang on, that was an episode of Columbo :D )

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom