Trouble pairing iPhone XS with Audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jacksona

Car
2014 SL 350 AMG Sport, Cavansite Blue, Porcelain Leather
Hi All,

My new iPhone XS and the Audio 20 in my 2013 SLK are resolutely refusing to see each other. The phone has paired easily with my partner's Qashqai.

I've reset the BT on the Audio 20, but nothing doing...

Any ideas?

TIA,

Adam.

I am by no means a expert one of those will be along soon,but I think we had something like this before,I seem to remember you needed something else with Audio 20,some sort of interface to allow the iphone to work.

A 2013 Audio 20 shouldn't need anything else. Assuming you are thinking of the bluetooth puck some of the earlier cars need.

The XS is still uncharted territory... I'm sure this issue will get resolved at some point.

Audio 20 in my c class 2010 was a pig to connect at first, it took an hour of trying, but in the three years of having it the BT never missed a heartbeat. Much less than I can say for my 2017 ford transit, which I have to reconnect nearly every journey!

The XS is still uncharted territory... I'm sure this issue will get resolved at some point.

My HSBC banking app still doesn’t work despite HSBC being aware of the problem!

Your head unit will be newer than mine but I found I had to remove my old phone before I could connect my iPhone to my A Class via Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how to un-pair the old phone, please?

TIA

Anyone know how to un-pair the old phone, please?

TIA

I had the iPhone X now just got the XS (don't ask me why as there the same ) lol when I paired mine wouldn't find I when you searched for Bluetooth phones from the car, but when I went into the phone and looked for the Car Bluetooth it found it and connected it straight away, the only problem I had is the XS under Bluetooth name was showing iPhone X which was the same as my X. To delete the old one just highlight it then go to the right of it and it will have details and de authorize just de authorize it and the old one is gone.

I was having problems the other day in a loan car from Mercedes, it was searching but not picking up my phone. I had to go into Settings -> Bluetooth on my phone whilst searching on the car before it got picked up.
So when I got my XS I did the same in my car and it worked straight away.
You may well have already tried that in which case ignore me! :)

I had the iPhone X now just got the XS (don't ask me why as there the same ) lol when I paired mine wouldn't find I when you searched for Bluetooth phones from the car, but when I went into the phone and looked for the Car Bluetooth it found it and connected it straight away, the only problem I had is the XS under Bluetooth name was showing iPhone X which was the same as my X. To delete the old one just highlight it then go to the right of it and it will have details and de authorize just de authorize it and the old one is gone.

Brilliant! Your reply triggered my brain into thinking about it properly, and it's now fixed. Thank you!

I went into Bluetooth Audio on the Audio 20, and then managed to remove the old one and successfully pair the XS.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Adam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom