Trouble sending email on gmail?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
Hi, is anybody else having trouble sending email with Outlook to their gmail account?

It is OK collecting the mail, but will not send it, get error message:

0x800ccc0e

any ideas please, was working fine up until about 5.00pm this evening?

cheers,

BenzComander said:
Hi, is anybody else having trouble sending email with Outlook to their gmail account?

It is OK collecting the mail, but will not send it, get error message:

0x800ccc0e

any ideas please, was working fine up until about 5.00pm this evening?

cheers,

If you haven't changed any settings, then you should be able to come out of Outlook and try again later - it is just a socket error.

Hope this helps

Yes, tried closing and re-opening Outlook several times but to no avail?? Also noticed, by doing control Alt Delete that sometimes there are two or three Outlooks running??:confused:

BenzComander said:
Yes, tried closing and re-opening Outlook several times but to no avail?? Also noticed, by doing control Alt Delete that sometimes there are two or three Outlooks running??:confused:

1) Do you have the latest Office updates installed?

2) Do you have the latest Windows updates installed?

3) Have you scanned for viruses etc.?

4) Is Outlook in your Startup list?

"Also noticed, by doing control Alt Delete that sometimes there are two or three Outlooks running??:" - I assume that you mean that this is showing under Task Manager? If this is under the Applications Tab, then close down each instance using end task. Then check under the Processes Tab and look for Outlook.exe; if this/these is/are still running then right click, and select end process tree for each instance. Now close down all applications and reboot. Let me know what happens?

Ian C said:
1) Do you have the latest Office updates installed?

2) Do you have the latest Windows updates installed?

3) Have you scanned for viruses etc.?

4) Is Outlook in your Startup list?

"Also noticed, by doing control Alt Delete that sometimes there are two or three Outlooks running??:" - I assume that you mean that this is showing under Task Manager? If this is under the Applications Tab, then close down each instance using end task. Then check under the Processes Tab and look for Outlook.exe; if this/these is/are still running then right click, and select end process tree for each instance. Now close down all applications and reboot. Let me know what happens?

Pretty sure I have the latest Windows updates, because have auto updat enabled, not sure about Office updates though?

AVG scans every morning. so pretty sure have no viruses, and Outlook is not in my start up list.

However, all the emails went OK this morning, so starting to think it is a gmail problem!

Thanks though Ian,:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom