Truck Drifting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimti

Car
VW Golf
I know it is a bit dodgy on a public road, but this is big and clever
Clicky :rock::rock:

Brother In Law is keen to try a handbrake turn in the snow. He drives a tanker by the way:eek:

He does say that he only intends to try when unhooked.

Guilty as charged Grav???

Not this time;)
That's abroad.
Relatively easy though, if you keep your nerve. Industrial estate round here was excellent fun in the magnum over xmas (if you know what I mean)

Last edited:
Brother In Law is keen to try a handbrake turn in the snow. He drives a tanker by the way:eek:

He does say that he only intends to try when unhooked.

Not adviseable. Lorry brakes are nowhere near the same as a car. If he applies the handbrake, it is all or nothing and takes a second to release the brakes afterwards. He risks rolling it. Also, if he is not an owner driver, he risks losing his job if caught.
I would dismiss any of my employees for gross misconduct instantly. These lorries cost enough to keep on the roads with VOSA rules and regulations as it is.

Not adviseable. Lorry brakes are nowhere near the same as a car. If he applies the handbrake, it is all or nothing and takes a second to release the brakes afterwards. He risks rolling it. Also, if he is not an owner driver, he risks losing his job if caught.
I would dismiss any of my employees for gross misconduct instantly. These lorries cost enough to keep on the roads with VOSA rules and regulations as it is.

Plus being a tanker it probably has a handbrake on the front axle as well as the drive axle which would make it even more interesing.

Grav is spot on if you think car bits are expensive you want to look at truck parts prices not, cheap to get them fitted either.

Also he must be quite a good driver as the tractors can step out very very quickly and whip around, the 8 wheelers are very different and if it steps out you just keep going because of the 4 wheel drive, and if its got a tag lift its even worse.

Lynall

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom