Truckers arrive in London to demand cheaper fuel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nope, I am here.
I was going to go, but the lorry I did have spare for today is now being used as another has blown a diff.

You know there is going to be an event, didn't tell us else we all should have gone too in support.

You know there is going to be an event, didn't tell us else we all should have gone too in support.

I only found out late last night.
I have been away on holiday and not been on the computer whilst there.
The information was freely available on the internet for all to view.;)

Last edited:
The police were certainly being very heavy handed in Wales? I wish the truckers luck and hopefully their voice will be heard.

Grav
How difficult would it be for hauliers to all arrange 'deliveries' into Westminster at 11-30am on a Wednesday? Would lots of LGV's making deliveries be deemed a protest? :)

regards
John

The police were certainly being very heavy handed in Wales? I wish the truckers luck and hopefully their voice will be heard.

Grav
How difficult would it be for hauliers to all arrange 'deliveries' into Westminster at 11-30am on a Wednesday? Would lots of LGV's making deliveries be deemed a protest? :)

regards
John

The logistics of it would be near impossible John.
No doubt checks would be made that the 'deliveries' were legit.

Grav888 and other hauliers are getting a rebate and we are not:mad:

More likely to get their Licences revoked if they upset God( He who must be obeyed).:crazy: :crazy:

The government might be "listening" to the points being made but given the absolute horlicks they've made of the economy they currently need every penny they can get.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything the hauliers are trying to achieve but I'm not holding my breath until they achieve success.

Fuel.jpg

Thing is its not the oil companies that are creaming it in.

Dont forget we have the increased fuel duty promised from the budget coming along soon........

More likely to get their Licences revoked if they upset God( He who must be obeyed).:crazy: :crazy:

Are you telling us those who took part today will get their licence revoked? No way, John Hutton even said they will listen and kowtow us all because of the election looming. They are damn stupid to alien the paupers and took it too serious personally.

Well the M1 was a nightmare tonight - Tankersley to Derby - 2hrs... :eek:

I did see lots of lorries on the hard shoulder? Was this a result of the fuel protest? :confused:

Having seen numerous lorry drivers and their portly figures, I assume that it's the price of pies they're complaining about. This is what "fuels" them after all....

Thing is its not the oil companies that are creaming it in.

BP and Royal Dutch Shell have reported massive increases in profits for the first three months of this year on the back of rocketing petrol prices, which are expected to hit £5 a gallon today.BP's pre-tax profits rose 48 per cent in the first quarter to $6.6 billion (£3.3 billion) while Shell increased its profits 12 per cent to a record $7.8 billion (£3.9 billion).The increase has been driven by the rising oil prices, which the companies have passed on to consumers in the form of higher petrol and diesel costs.
source TIMES ON LINE 29 April 2008

Don't get so excited yet for car registered before March 2001...............

The decision to also include any car registered before 2001 with an engine larger than 1549cc – such as many Vauxhall Astra and Renault Megane models – will affect six million motorists.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...d-hand-car-prices-drop-as-tax-rises-bite.html

Confirm, they used the increase in VED £2Billion starting April 2008 to fund the budget. This is just a drop in the ocean consider they are spending £2Billion a day in Iraq.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom