True ? 80 per cent of all Brits have less than £500 in their account

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
but how many of these people with less than £500 in the account also have huge payments every month for the latest iphone, netflix subs etc , buy a costa/starbucks/nero coffee and lunch everyday and then get home and order a takeaway to be delivered 3 or 4 times a week
Not that many. Genuine poor people aren't hitting Starbucks every day.

Huge amounts of earners are spending every penny that they earn each month, but an awful lot of people aren't spending that much.

Many people are asset rich and cash poor.

Not that many. Genuine poor people aren't hitting Starbucks every day.

Huge amounts of earners are spending every penny that they earn each month, but an awful lot of people aren't spending that much.
We’ve cut our spending (wasting) quite a bit this year and we’re starting to see the results. I’m also getting a lot more private work which is good.

We’ve got 2 flats with no mortgages that we rent out and the money from that is handled separately from our salaries.

We’ve cut our spending (wasting) quite a bit this year and we’re starting to see the results. I’m also getting a lot more private work which is good.

We’ve got 2 flats with no mortgages that we rent out and the money from that is handled separately from our salaries.
Rental income is glorious.

Rental income is glorious.
It is.
I bought one in 1988 and the other in 1995. They were just new build 1 bed flats in Alperton and Colindale which at the time were crap parts of north London. That was at a time when crap parts of London were cheaper than good parts of London.
Now, even the crap parts are expensive.

I’m thinking of off-loading them.

Last edited:
It is.
I bought one in 1988 and the other in 1995. They were just new build 1 bed flats in Alperton and Colindale which at the time were crap parts of north London. That was at a time when crap parts of London were cheaper than good parts of London.
Now, even the crap parts are expensive.

I’m thinking of off-loading them.
Any plans for the funds?

enjoy life, spend it before the taxman has chance to get some more of it..new car(s), great holidays and help the kids out is our plan.
We’ve got a place in Skiathos and a decent enough car so I’m not 100% sure yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom