Truly astonishing economy...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartK

MB Enthusiast
Car
F82 M4
So today I had to travel to my dads place (tyre shop) to have four lovely new MO Contintal 5p's put on to freshen the car up. Plus my rears were down to approx 1.6mm anyway.

Set off and dropped in the services on the way after 50 miles of leaving services this was where I was at...

I've just got home with 1/4 tank after 280 miles and range saying 121.

Anyone who says these cars are ridiculous on fuel will shock me. This car is loads better on fuel than my M3.

Your driving it wrong! The right pedal should be pressed firmly to ground.

Did you have the limiter set at 52 all the way?? ;)

I've never bettered 22mpg in my '55k. Nice one :thumb:

No I was at 53 between the M25/M3 junction to the A331 at Farnborough. Saw two other C63's too which was nice :)

Most the way I sat at 70mph with a few spurts of fun.

Think of it as an M3 for grown ups ��

It's interesting I loved my M3 to the point where I had tears in my eyes when I sold it but this car just makes me grin from ear to ear on every single journey. I am in love with it. I think I'm heading for being single if I clean it any more :D

It is possible Tim. Had to drive a long way to reach it though:D

2015-06-09%2012.12.53_zpsbyc7mezs.jpg

So today I had to travel to my dads place (tyre shop) to have four lovely new MO Contintal 5p's put on to freshen the car up. Plus my rears were down to approx 1.6mm anyway.

Set off and dropped in the services on the way after 50 miles of leaving services this was where I was at...

I've just got home with 1/4 tank after 280 miles and range saying 121.

Anyone who says these cars are ridiculous on fuel will shock me. This car is loads better on fuel than my M3.

What was the MPG?

What was the MPG?

I havnt worked it out as the computer reset before I filled up but I would say loose calculation of circa 30mpg. It's saying 121 miles left at 1/4 tank and I've done 280. I reckon realistically I'll get to 350 miles on that tank. Based on a gallon being left in that's 29mpg.

In my experience that 121 miles left will soon disappear....

On the way home from Manchester last year in the E55K. I did get a photo at 28.4mpg. It's a bit blurry but you can make it out.

20141204_200911.jpg

There you go, found it.

Attachments

• 20141204_203522.jpg
    20141204_203522.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 74
Well, if we're doing photos of E55 mpg, have one of my old one: -

Dash27.jpg

Admittedly this was a run to work on a quiet morning and I wasn't in a rush, though it proves that they can be OK. This was also possibly the most boring run I ever had in the car.

I've also had 29+mpg in my current shed (E63 Bi-Turbo), but that was all motorway and started going downhilll once the traffic increased.

I have had 30.4mpg from my 55K but was a very boring journey of 65 miles.

I remember owning a 2003 320d auto and best I could get was 36.6mpg so for a 6.2 to do 30 odd I'm quite smug :)

I remember owning a 2003 320d auto and best I could get was 36.6mpg so for a 6.2 to do 30 odd I'm quite smug :)

Thank goodness we don't buy these C63's and E55's for economy:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom