Trumps Beginning of the end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things seem so bad for Trump now they are openly speculating he may withdraw.

Dragged kicking and screaming from the Whitehouse is more like. Hope they take an inventory when he does finally leave of everything thats not firmly screwed down!

Dragged kicking and screaming from the Whitehouse is more like. Hope they take an inventory when he does finally leave of everything thats not firmly screwed down!
I hope he does not withdraw...they might get someone who could beat Biden.

Good to know when the US President has your back!

If Trump actually does manage to pull off a win I think the US would find itself heading towards civil war with some states (California? - worlds 8th largest economy) seeking secession from the Union. The US public doesn't seem to realise just how close they are to a major turning point in the US's stability as a unified nation.

The world now pities the state America is currently in and continuing to politicise just about every aspect of its future is a path to self-destruction. China and Russia must be p**ssing themselves laughing and to be honest they don't need to run subversive campaigns against the US, Trump is the supreme master at undermining American democracy, security, economy and health of the US people.

The gift that keeps on giving.

You lot are so cynical.
Back then big wigs were fashionable, of course his is smaller.

But he was referring to the hair ports where they were imported to.

It's obvious really.

Trump suffered 'child abuse' at the hands of his father, niece claims
QUOTE:-
She says she has ‘no problem’ calling Donald a narcissist, as many pundits have described him.

Mary says he ‘meets all nine criteria’ as outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the standard text for defining mental illness.

But Mary writes that a case could be made that Donald ‘meets the criteria for antisocial personality disorder, which in its most severe form is generally considered sociopathy, but can also refer to chronic criminality, arrogance, and disregard for others’.

She writes ‘Donald may also meet some of the criteria for dependent personality disorder’ as well.

The hallmarks are: inability to take responsibility, discomfort when being alone and going to extreme lengths to obtain support from others.

Trump suffered 'child abuse' at the hands of his father, niece claims
QUOTE:-
She says she has ‘no problem’ calling Donald a narcissist, as many pundits have described him.

Mary says he ‘meets all nine criteria’ as outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the standard text for defining mental illness.

But Mary writes that a case could be made that Donald ‘meets the criteria for antisocial personality disorder, which in its most severe form is generally considered sociopathy, but can also refer to chronic criminality, arrogance, and disregard for others’.

She writes ‘Donald may also meet some of the criteria for dependent personality disorder’ as well.

The hallmarks are: inability to take responsibility, discomfort when being alone and going to extreme lengths to obtain support from others.

Has she any history of speaking out against uncle?
The guy is continually making a total nob of himself.
His popularity looks to be sliding.
Could this be a family effort to gain some sympathy votes?

I am totally cynical toward the prat and consider that this 'may' be opportunistic timing. His history, whatever, it may or may not be, doesn't excuse his behaviours.
If he is so mentally affected he shouldn't have the position of President.
Interesting now will be how his followers react to this.

Has she any history of speaking out against uncle?
The guy is continually making a total nob of himself.
His popularity looks to be sliding.
Could this be a family effort to gain some sympathy votes?

I am totally cynical toward the prat and consider that this 'may' be opportunistic timing. His history, whatever, it may or may not be, doesn't excuse his behaviours.
If he is so mentally affected he shouldn't have the position of President.
Interesting now will be how his followers react to this.
It's democratic.

It's democratic.

True, and controversy is part of democracy. One thing to note, is that every divisive figurehead, will always get praise and condemnation in equal measures. I am not a fan of Trump, but given his personality, it should come as no surprise that some people believe he is God while others see him as the Devil Incarnate. This dichotomy in people's reactions towards him is to be expected with someone like Trump, even when setting aside other agendas that people may have.

It's democratic.
Absolutely.
And it goes hand in hand with free speech. He is very selective on what parts of that he approves of without taking the offensive by becoming offensive.
But of course he is.

This dichotomy in people's reactions towards him is to be expected with someone like Trump, even when setting aside other agendas that people may have.

Having encountered a few US Democrat 'liberals' I've been pretty shocked by the invective against supposed Trump supporters from people who consider themselves decent and reasonable and yet freociously belittle people who don't agre with them. They don't get that Trump's support is probably as much about being against them as it is being pro-Trump.

And I think this lies at the heart of the problem. Those who identify as democratic liberals who are actually neither except on their own dogmatic terms. I think something similar infects the UK and EU establishment and led to the Brexit debacle. And I think Mr Trump has ended up where he is not because of who or what he is but because of what the US political establishment had become - polarised between a 'liberal' Democrat establishment and disrupted consevative Republican establishment. The weakness in the latter allowd Mr Trump to establish himselfe but the weakness got him voted in to office. Ordinarily Mr Trump would have dropped after the early in the primaries over 4 years ago.

The term 'populist' is used as a label by this group to mask their shortcomings and prejudices and look down upon those who reject them.

The result is Mr Trump in office - and a political establishment that still has the failing that put him in office - and still can't offer any inspiring or unifying alternative.

Let's pray that this idiot does indeed get thrown out.

BUT - I still can't, for the life of me, understand why people think that the current American mess is anything new.

The Democrats have always had a sketchy grip on power in the USA. It's never been as 50/50 as so many think

Bill Clinton only got elected by the skin of his teeth - twice - thanks to Ross Perot undermining the Republican vote, and his eight years were undermined by a series of obvious scandals.

And dear old George Bush junior's entire Presidency was mired in controversy - remember the Million Marches of 2003 ?

It's easy to yearn for the good old days of Obama, but really the guy actually achieved very little, being stymied by Congress and Senate. Looked nice in a suit, though. Public protests may have been "muted" against him, possibly for Politically Correct reasons, but he wasn't a popular man outside of his Democrat states.

Have we heard anything from Biden which would make us think he could do a decent job? Not really. Joe's only strength is that he isn't Trump.

It's going to be an interesting Autumn.

I wonder how much benefit Trump received from not being Hilary? 🤣

It only took a small number of voters who would have normally gone Democrat to swing the close outcome - with the electoral college (surprisingly?) also falling in his favour. A different Democrat candidate might well have done better.

The US has to look at itself. The head of state has been subject to three family dynasties since the 60s with the influence of the Kennedys that if not for the assassinations could have been two presidents - the Bushes with two - and then the Clintons.

Mr Trump was obviously not fit for the role - and yet he progressed through the Republican primaries - that in itself is an appalling indictment on the Republican Party and its ability to put forward a candidate. Meanwhile the Democrats didn't do so much better and clung to the Clinton dynasty and paid the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom