Trumps Beginning of the end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have similar issues in U.K. ballots, albeit on a vastly smaller scale. Whenever loud people don’t get the result they want there’s always been complaints of irregularities.

Leaving postal ballots aside for a moment, I’ve never understood why you don’t need to take ID or at the very least, your voting card when visiting a polling station. What’s the point of printing and posting them out?

Coming back to Trump, isn’t it amazing how easily he got people to swallow his conspiracy theories without a shred of evidence?

ID laws are considered voter suppression by some. In many states, non driver ID is gotten from the same place as your driver's license. If you've been to one , it costs money and ,can take hours. In many cases, location are far from poor neighborhoods and not easily accessible without a car. For people who have no money, no car and no means to get to that location, it will prevent them from voting. It may make little sense in the UK were you can get a driving license by mail, but it can be a problem here.

While there are instances of voter fraud, it's usually a fractional amount and in the case of these elections, people voting R were caught.

As far as how easily people are swallowing this information. You need to live here to appreciate the media machine that channels this information. It's everywhere, all the time.

Last edited:
As far as how easily people are swallowing this information. You need to live here to appreciate the media machine that channels this information. It's everywhere, all the time.
I guess to some degree that also happened here leading up to the Brexit referendum. People find it easy to accept something that reinforces their own views whether true or not unfortunately and people like Trump and Farage have exploited that.
When you stand in the privacy of a voting cubicle there is no possible influence on the way you vote and no one knows who you voted for.

With widespread postal or electronic voting there is the possibility of influence from other family members which I'm convinced will take place in some households And this is before any fraud is considered. I'm in no doubt that postal voting fraud has taken place in the UK although perhaps not on a scale that often impacts on the result. It just annoys me that the serious and historically hard won right to vote has been subject to any degree of fraud at all.

In a perfect world electronic voting would be the ideal but we don't live in a perfect world.
Fair points. It is a balancing act especially during this pandemic though to ensure as many people as possible are able to vote.

A little moment of levity. Made me laugh anyway.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That person may have the codes, but is at present unlikely IMHO to have the required support from those that actually launch 🚀
The serious point is that the Reality TV star who was elected President is the sole person to have authority to launch. Not that he would, despite what they Democrats allege.

The tragedy of the Democrats is that, with two weeks to prepare for office, they are wasting time twittering about contemplating impeachment, which could not possibly be done in that timescale. They should be preparing for office.

It's as if Trump is continuing to control the political agenda in the same way that he has for the last five years.

Is there really no one around to say "let's pull back and control the agenda?"

The issue is that the Trump camp are constructing their arguments in such a way that they cannot be disproven, much like conspiracy theories.

Their argument has shifted from legal challenges (that have been rejected) and postal votes fraud (of which no evidence has been found yet), to blaming the 'corrupt Democrats' and the 'Tech giants' in colluding to rig the elections.

'Tech giants' is a colloquial term for the likes of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google, but it quickly crosses-over to the computers behind the vote-counting, and here lies the problem.

By shifting the blame to the computer systems behind the elections, the allegations of vote rigging and fraud are perpetuated and can never be disproven.

The serious point is that the Reality TV star who was elected President is the sole person to have authority to launch. Not that he would, despite what they Democrats allege.

The tragedy of the Democrats is that, with two weeks to prepare for office, they are wasting time twittering about contemplating impeachment, which could not possibly be done in that timescale. They should be preparing for office.

It's as if Trump is continuing to control the political agenda in the same way that he has for the last five years.

Is there really no one around to say "let's pull back and control the agenda?"

Trump may have the authority and (access to the) codes to initiate a launch, but he doesn’t surely actually get to press the button?

Trump and his cronies have done their level best to frustrate the opportunities for the Democrats to prepare. Biden has indicated that trying to impeach Trump is a waste of time and they should just move on.

Unless the GOP seize the opportunity to take back the agenda from DJT en masse and in concert with the Democrats, a successful impeachment would not be doable in the time remaining. Which is a shame as it would prevent Trump from standing again in the future.

Mike Pence won’t initiate the 25th, having already been played well and truly off-side by his former bestie, he’s already enough of a target for Trump’s ‘army’.

Mike Pence is now possibly lining himself up as Trump's successor for the next republican presidential candidature. When contemplating whether this is a good thing, it may be instructive to reacquaint yourself with Adolph Eichmann's defence when charged with Genocide. " I only devised and supervised the train timetables."-----TO THE DEATH CAMPS!
ps
I believe that technically you can still be impeached for your record during presidency after you have left office. Which fortuitously would prevent you from standing again- no wonder the Democrats are keen on this! Maybe secretly some Republicans might be too! ;)

Last edited:
Trump may have the authority and (access to the) codes to initiate a launch, but he doesn’t surely actually get to press the button?
Trump and his cronies have done their level best to frustrate the opportunities for the Democrats to prepare. Biden has indicated that trying to impeach Trump is a waste of time and they should just move on.
Unless the GOP seize the opportunity to take back the agenda from DJT en masse and in concert with the Democrats, a successful impeachment would not be doable in the time remaining. Which is a shame as it would prevent Trump from standing again in the future.
Mike Pence won’t initiate the 25th, having already been played well and truly off-side by his former bestie, he’s already enough of a target for Trump’s ‘army’.
Glad we agree that Biden and Pence think that Pelosi's initiatives are stupid - my point was purely that it's a grandstanding waste of time that illustrates that they aren't getting down to the job of taking control again - of the Presidency AND the Senate.

As a failed, "one term President," It's hard to imagine Trump being selected again, surely?

Going back to the nonsense about the Reality TV star with the Nuclear codes, as doesn't the nature of military command suggest - surely - that juniors can't over-ride the command from the top surely?

What would be the point of the man at the top having control, if a junior could countermand his actions?

dr-strangelove-still-580.jpg

Mike Pence is now possibly lining himself up as Trump's successor for the next republican presidential candidature. When contemplating whether this is a good thing, it may be instructive to reacquaint yourself with Adolph Eichmann's defence when charged with Genocide. " I only devised and supervised the train timetables."-----TO THE DEATH CAMPS!
ps
I believe that technically you can still be impeached for your record during presidency after you have left office. Which fortuitously would prevent you from standing again- no wonder the Democrats are keen on this! Maybe secretly some Republicans might be too!
Hard to imagine Mondale being selected after Carter's Presidency. This isn't like Al Gore running in 2000, after an economically successful, if scandal-ridden Clinton Presidency.

Glad we agree that Biden and Pence think that Pelosi's initiatives are stupid - my point was purely that it's a grandstanding waste of time that illustrates that they aren't getting down to the job of taking control again - of the Presidency AND the Senate.

As a failed, "one term President," It's hard to imagine Trump being selected again, surely?

Going back to the nonsense about the Reality TV star with the Nuclear codes, as doesn't the nature of military command suggest - surely - that juniors can't over-ride the command from the top surely?

What would be the point of the man at the top having control, if a junior could countermand his actions?

dr-strangelove-still-580.jpg
Anyone in the chain of command ultimately has a choice whether or not to comply with orders from above. There are of course consequence, but it’s still a choice.

Could the Democrats be getting their act together?

From BBC
That's why there is talk of delaying Trump's Senate trial until after Biden's first 100 days in office. At that point the pressure to remove Trump will be past, but other punishments - stripping him of the accommodations and privileges ex-presidents enjoy and prohibiting him from future federal office - still apply.

If any president pushes the big red button, they'll discover it is actually hooked it up to a clown car hooter. The real button is in the janitor's closet, behind the poster with the scantily clad ladies. 🤣

If any president pushes the big red button, they'll discover it is actually hooked it up to a clown car hooter. The real button is in the janitor's closet, behind the poster with the scantily clad ladies. 🤣
Actually, that is very reassuring. 😌

Not sure, I suspect Trump spends more time in the Janitors closet looking at the scantily clad ladies in the posters.
He’s apparently been really tearing his hair out over the weekend following his ban from Twitter.

He’s apparently been really tearing his hair out over the weekend following his ban from Twitter.
He should be more worried about a second impeachment. Should that take place, and in a Democrat controlled senate its very likely it would rule him out of holding another position in office. So no 2024 campaign.

He should be more worried about a second impeachment. Should that take place, and in a Democrat controlled senate its very likely it would rule him out of holding another position in office. So no 2024 campaign.
Yep. I think that Mike Pence will not invoke the 25th, he already has a target on his back. The impeachment process has already started with a floor vote expected on Wednesday, where a simple majority will take it to the senate. However, I think a two-thirds majority is needed in the senate for a conviction and I just can’t see that happening. The Republicans haven’t got the balls or the vision to seize this opportunity to distance themselves and the party from Trump. So even if he is impeached again, I don’t think he’ll be convicted.

No matter which way the impeachment or 25th Amendment action's will go, he is now damaged goods, and people are already distancing themselves from him. The burning question is though, is he now too toxic for the replublican party to risk in the next presidential election 4 years down the road? Whats seriously worrying is that he got 70 million votes in the election, and a large nr of these, despite all the evidence to the contrary, believe that he was cheated out of the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom